The walking dead thread

You can't talk coasters ALL the time. Here's the spot for everything else.

Moderator: illinois

johnny.ink
Ride Operator
Custom Title: Negative G Charity Coordinator & Engine Man

Re: The walking dead thread

Post by johnny.ink » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:40 am

Captain Peglego wrote:Yay Andrea is dead! Awesome!
Not as much as seeing the Governor croaked.

But, Carl is turning into a mini-Govenor, and shockingly, the explanation he gives Rick is not only plausible, but thought-out and cogent.

Good stuff. You guys should watch Talking Dead as well, it's a fun show.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:00 pm

Dude Carl is not turning into the Governor. He offed that guy because he was NOT dropping his firearm like instructed. Instead he was slowly walking towards Carl with the intention of attacking Carl when handing him his weapon. That kill was totally justifiable. .
Life is short....have fun!

johnny.ink
Ride Operator

Post by johnny.ink » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:21 pm

Paul Drabek wrote:Dude Carl is not turning into the Governor. He offed that guy because he was NOT dropping his firearm like instructed. Instead he was slowly walking towards Carl with the intention of attacking Carl when handing him his weapon. That kill was totally justifiable. .
I'm not saying that he is like the Govenor because of that action, I am saying he is becoming more like him because of the sound, reasoned argument. It's a morally gray area, but like life, alot of stuff is...

mikeau98
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by mikeau98 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:12 pm

Paul Drabek wrote:Instead he was slowly walking towards Carl with the intention of attacking Carl when handing him his weapon. That kill was totally justifiable. .
I don't agree or fully disagree and I think that is the point. You can debate what he did was right and/or wrong.

johnny.ink
Ride Operator

Post by johnny.ink » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:27 pm

mikeau98 wrote:
Paul Drabek wrote:Instead he was slowly walking towards Carl with the intention of attacking Carl when handing him his weapon. That kill was totally justifiable. .
I don't agree or fully disagree and I think that is the point. You can debate what he did was right and/or wrong.
For sure. Shades of gray. The show just keeps getting better, and I hope next year they stop killing regulars all the damn time. I'm gonna be pissed if they off Majohn or Tyrese. I thought for sure Maggie was a goner this year.

Gump
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Park Management, Hey I'll get it one way or another.

Post by Gump » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:32 pm

Ok so I'm a little late on this, however I have some thoughts about season 3 after now catching all the episodes. First off, really Andrea you didn't think the Governor was blowing smoke up your butt after things didn't add up? Really, did the Gov. have to kill all those innocent people? Who'd thought Merrill would come back or the black dude from season 1? I was heart broken at how the world had fallen apart for each of the characters yet how they were developing a sense of community and family throughout the struggles. I was overall generally satisfied with Merrill's character change at the bitter end and Michoone or however you spell her name warming up to the group during the season. I found Glenn becoming more tough to be an awesome side to his very likable character, and what about Darryl? Darryl has become a passionate leader with deep set convictions and now with his brother gone he is free from being held back. Wow I mean wow, I just got thru the season and I couldn't stop watching. I'm looking forward to season 4 to see where they go from here. The Governor is coming back and who knows who else. Hopefully this year I'll be able able to follow the show as it comes on. Anyway, just thought I'd drop a line after watching the last episode. Till next season.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:38 pm

Lol Gump.

I think the whole Andrea storyline is about how dangerous idealism really is. Being the crusader civil rights lawyer to Andrea every problem in the world can be solved by talking it out. Yeah it would be nice if that actually worked BUT this world and the world of Walking Dead is full of evil and evil men and women who you can't talk it all out with. In fact those people take advantage of those who want to talk it out. In the end all the touchy feely talking just enables the evil men to kill, maim and destroy more. Just look at Hitler in 1936...Andrea would give him the Sudetenland and Checkeslobakia AND Poland before finally getting the clue that he means to rape and pillage Europe and that his words are meaningless.

Yeah good intentions are nice but the road to hell are paved with them.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:34 pm

Pandapp wrote:I'm looking forward to Merle returning and the mess that will be and Michone kicking major zombie ass with her katana. It will be good!
Merle got killed. Remember the Governor killed him and left him to turn. Daryl had to take his walker-brother down.

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by Vonni » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:49 pm

Daryl is my boo!

rafaelot017
Kiddie Rider

Post by rafaelot017 » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:39 pm

I don't know if you are a member of ACE (like many of us here are), but Coaster Con is in SoCal in 2019. Should be a blast!

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:11 pm

rafaelot017 wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:39 pm
I don't know if you are a member of ACE (like many of us here are), but Coaster Con is in SoCal in 2019. Should be a blast!
A bunch of us are planning on being there....starting up in San Fran and working down to the con.

Welcome to the forum Rafelot017. Come and join in on our Sunday and Wednesday night chats at 8 central.