Adventurdome Backstage Tour

Write about your adventures, your experiences, your fun at amusement parks, theme parks, coasters and pretty much anywhere else.

Moderator: illinois

detigerfan
Kiddie Rider

Adventurdome Backstage Tour

Post by detigerfan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:11 pm

So, my home park is the Adventuredome (great little park), and today I got the opportunity to get a backstage tour!

We arrive at about 7:30, the tour started at 8:00, and we got some flyers and other merchandise. Then, the guides introduce themselves, and tell some history about the park.

After we started, our first stop was SlingShot, the park's Chance drop tower.

(Sorry, I took all pictures with my phone)

After SlingShot, we continued around the park and looked at some of the Zamperla and Wisdom kiddie rides.

We make our way to Chaos (a Chance Chaos ride) and learn some stuff about it and how they maintain it. Then, up to Canyon Blaster, the park's Arrow Looper.

To be honest, Canyon Blaster is honestly smooth. I've been on every ride at the park over 80 times, and Canyon Blaster surprises me every time. Fun Fact: In fall of 2014, they replaced a section of Canyon Blaster's track!

After the tour of Canyon Blaster, we make it to the star of the park, El Loco. We were able to go in the maintenance area and grab some shots.

(Drop after first inversion)

Lift hill shot

Wheel assembly

Me inside the track

Train 6 on transfer

First inversion

More lift hill

After El Loco, we finish the tour with a ride on Canyon Blaster (El Loco was still testing so we weren't able to ride, sadly). I chose back row, obviously ;)

The tour was great! Guides were nice, and I learned a lot about my home park!

mikeau98
Hyper Coaster Rider

Re: Adventurdome Backstage Tour

Post by mikeau98 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:59 pm

Cool. Looks like an interesting tour, something to look at if I ever get back to Vegas.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:53 pm

That sounds like a really fun time. Thanks for posting the TR. One of these years I need to start heading west to get some of the coasters out there.

Hey as you are out there in the Vegas area has there been anything done with Speed or is it still sitting in pieces waiting to be added to that mall?
Life is short....have fun!

MattS1974
Kiddie Rider

Post by MattS1974 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:59 pm

It was still in a pile when I drove past it last month

detigerfan
Kiddie Rider

Post by detigerfan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:27 pm

Paul Drabek wrote:That sounds like a really fun time. Thanks for posting the TR. One of these years I need to start heading west to get some of the coasters out there.

Hey as you are out there in the Vegas area has there been anything done with Speed or is it still sitting in pieces waiting to be added to that mall?
Yea Speed is still sitting in an empty lot, however the mall it's going in is starting construction soon I think.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:28 pm

Good because that looked like a really fun ride and I'd hate to see it go to waste. If they ever start putting it up you'll have to do some construction updates for us. Please. :-)
Life is short....have fun!

detigerfan
Kiddie Rider

Post by detigerfan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:39 pm

Paul Drabek wrote:Good because that looked like a really fun ride and I'd hate to see it go to waste. If they ever start putting it up you'll have to do some construction updates for us. Please. :-)
Oh I'll definitely post construction updates once some action starts, I live about 20 minutes away and I drive by pretty frequently.

Spencerman
Ride Operator

Post by Spencerman » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:39 am

That sounds like fun. The Adventuredome looks like a neat place place o visit.

MattS1974
Kiddie Rider

Post by MattS1974 » Tue May 05, 2015 8:49 pm

this is the current condition of Speed the ride... http://www.vegaschatter.com/story/2013/ ... Memory+Die