Coaster Dynamix Lego

Enthusiast coaster & amusement park chatter about whatever. If it's not about coasters & parks, it'll go to the garbage file. Keep it on-topic and flame-retardant, please.

Moderator: illinois

CptBeeble
Ride Operator
Custom Title: My body isn't a temple, it's an amusement park.

Coaster Dynamix Lego

Post by CptBeeble » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:00 am

So Coaster Dynamix is producing a new model in cooperation with LEGO called The Rollercoaster Factory
http://www.therollercoasterfactory.com

On the surface, it looks like my "infinite possibility coaster toy" dreams come true.
Flexible track combined with LEGO for supports and scenery. There should be pretty much nothing you can't come up with.

They're only making 1000 of the sets in the first run and they will not be available in stores at this time.

Is anyone else completely geeked up over this like I am? The pre-order is on now and I've been adding a set periodically whenever my budget allows... I've got four on order.
I'm totally going to make a racing coaster... maybe an extra-long two-track racer (each kit comes with 20ft of track, so I could make a racing 40ft coaster) or maybe go crazy and make a four-track dueling coaster. Themed around a quidditch match, maybe?

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Re: Coaster Dynamix Lego

Post by Paul Drabek » Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:40 pm

I don't get why they are just making a thousand when I could see something like this selling like hot cakes to anyone who loves Legos.
Life is short....have fun!

CptBeeble
Ride Operator
Custom Title: My body isn't a temple, it's an amusement park.

Re: Coaster Dynamix Lego

Post by CptBeeble » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:38 pm

I'll speculate: they're a very small company and they don't have huge $$ to spend on producing a bajillion of these things just yet.
They probably had enough to make 1000 of them and if they sell well (even though it's only online) then they can take those sales figures to a lender and say, "there's obviously a demand for these things and we want to make enough to put them on retail shelves" - and get a loan so they can do just that.

Granted, this is just speculation, but given that I've gone to their website several times because I saved up enough for one of their other models and they're always sold out. When they do have them on hand, they sell out quickly. That lets me know that they just make a few at a time whenever they have the funds to do so.

When they started working on the LEGO project, the previous models were all sold out (and as far as I know, they still are) so I'm guessing that they put everything they had into this project.

I wish them the best with this. I think with the right marketing and the ability to just go to the store and buy one, these things could be a HUGE item for the holidaze - maybe next year. I think it's probably a bit late for this holiday season, since the first batch hasn't even shipped yet.