Backwards Batman

What's in planning, what's being built now, what's rumored.

Moderator: illinois

dare-to-fly
Park Management
Custom Title: Biggest fan ever of violakat03

Re: Backwards Batman

Post by dare-to-fly » Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Viper I hadn't heard about. That might give us a reason to try and go. :)

Great America seems to really like running their rides backwards. That might give Powerwalking Bull some potential if they'd run it backwards.

johnny.ink
Ride Operator
Custom Title: Negative G Charity Coordinator & Engine Man

Post by johnny.ink » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:25 pm

dare-to-fly wrote:Viper I hadn't heard about. That might give us a reason to try and go. :)

Great America seems to really like running their rides backwards. That might give Powerwalking Bull some potential if they'd run it backwards.

Eagle is then backwards during Fright Fest as well.

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by Vonni » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:54 pm

I really would like to experience Raging Bull backwards!

CoasterDemon
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by CoasterDemon » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:05 pm

I found Batman backwards to (surprisingly) be less intense than forward. I think it's mostly due to the fact that your back isn't being pushed by the seat back; there is less force-contact. But you have to know where the corkscrews are, and hold your head to one side for the "snap" in each of them. I hate those B&M snaps... some people really love them though, so go figure.

Since you guys were talking about protein spills... it seems Six Flags policy is 1) notice vomit, 2) shut down entire ride for 30 minutes.... When I worked at parks, we would spray/clean the seat/train that had the spill, then keep cycling - while keeping the other train(s) operational. What's up with shutting the entire ride down for nearly a half hour!?

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:53 am

CoasterDemon wrote:
Since you guys were talking about protein spills... it seems Six Flags policy is 1) notice vomit, 2) shut down entire ride for 30 minutes.... When I worked at parks, we would spray/clean the seat/train that had the spill, then keep cycling - while keeping the other train(s) operational. What's up with shutting the entire ride down for nearly a half hour!?
That is a good point...yeah it slows down the throughput of the ride but it still moves guests through it other than bringing the line to a screeching halt.

Ok...worst spew story here. My little bro and I were visiting SFKK (on the first day it was a SF park) and someone lost it on Chang's station. So the ride ops get the hoses out and spray it off...off to the side that sends it all over the queue below. Thankfully no one was waiting there but still a few people got wet while going through the line...I don't think they realized what was in the water though. Nasty!

Have fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:53 am

Vonni wrote:I really would like to experience Raging Bull backwards!

That would be fun...but it would be even more fun without the trims. ;-)

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

CoasterDemon
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by CoasterDemon » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:43 am

Vomit stories. Working the unload brake on CP Blue Streak (when it was manual, of course), the train comes in and I stop it. Guests are all "ewww" and "awww..." Then a lady runs to talk to me (from across the track) and starts yelling at me "someone threw up! it got in my kids mouth! and in my hair!!!!" (while she's holding up her hair, weeding through it as to show me how it's all stuck together... grosss hehehehe)

Uhoh :) I'm all like "I'm so sorry, m'am... ... I am soo sorry" (trying to just be a good CP employee and listen) as I hold the train and try to communicate to load that we won't be loading this train, while she continues to yell at me. Then the lady grabs her kid by the wrist and stomps down the exit, mad, looking back at me like it was all my fault.

I know I know.. silly situation, of course wasn't my fault. But she was pissed. Why not go after the person who threw up? It was pretty nasty :)

(Oh... and years earlier, when I was a guest at the park, I got into the BS line alone. The paired me with a single rider. A HUGE guy... I was already pinned against the side of the car before we left the station. As the train went down the first drop, he got real scared and his arms and elbows went out - pinning me even harder into the side of the seat. By the 2nd bunny hop (the one with the 'dogleg' in it) vomit started to sputter directly out of his mouth. It all came straight out and all over. He couldn't turn his head he was so huge and scared. It went all over me. He never said anything - I think he was paralyzed with fear from the ride. I got off, and was mad at my aunt for sitting that one out (and me having to ride with a stranger who crushed me then threw up all over me.)

And a couple more while I'm on a role. My friend Danny threw up all over the both of us on an old-school Octopus when we were at a carnival in Jr. High.

When I was about 11 or so, my grandparents were the care takers of the Lake County Fair Grounds in Crown Point, IN. So I always got lots of free tickets and rides from the carnies that got in good with my family. My gramma sent me to get her some fried veggies one night... so I'm walking under the Skydiver, like still under it, in a position where I could see the cars coming straight down at me before they duck under to go around again. A large cascade of vomit came down, and all over me. The fried veggies were fine, as they were completely covered with paper and napkins. I know it's gross - but yeah, the veggies were fine. I had vomit all over me.

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by Vonni » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:59 pm

I couldnt handle being puked on. I just couldnt. I would be so sad, and ultimately sick myself!

Spencerman
Ride Operator

Post by Spencerman » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:56 am

"someone threw up! it got in my kids mouth! and in my hair!!!!"
MMmmm... Yummy :D

I am so lucky I have never puked on a ride :) But once on a water slide (it was like a toilet bowl) I hit my head hard on the dropoff. I still stayed the rest of the day (with a bad headache) but when I got home, ick. And I had a slushy and some Tylenol, so it looked like a rainbow. :lol: I'm sorry to gross you out.

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by Vonni » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:02 pm

Lol you crack me up Spencerman

Spencerman
Ride Operator

Post by Spencerman » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:50 pm

Glad to oblige. :)

TNT
Over 48"

Post by TNT » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:40 pm

I was told by a fellow employee that a supervisor was standing near Excalibur and got covered after someone lost it while the ride was up in the air. Never ride Excalibur after eating, you will see your food again. It is never as good the second time around.

Spencerman
Ride Operator

Post by Spencerman » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:37 pm

Eeeew... :) It's funny 'cause your typing is all serious!

Maybe we should start a puke thread!!!