Attachment Upload Functionality Rules

Information about the site, updates, news from Negative-G, etc.

Moderator: illinois

Mental Rose
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: THIS SPACE FOR RENT.

Attachment Upload Functionality Rules

Post by Mental Rose » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:58 am

Okay, all. The forums are now configured for you to be able to upload attachments. At this time, the following file extensions are allowed:

.gif
.png
.jpg
.jpeg
.zip
.rar
.tar

What this means is that you can upload images and files that you've zipped up. This does NOT mean that we will be happy if pirated music, game or movie files of any sort show up on this forum just because you've zipped it up. Pirated stuff is subject to the following rules:

First offense: We assume you made a stupid mistake, just didn't think or whatever, delete the file and give you a stern talking-to.

Second offense: We ban you permanantly from the Negative-G forums. I know this seems harsh, but pirating is stealing and punishable by law - and so is allowing it. We'd rather not get sued or arrested, so there you have it. We've got a fantastic group here, though, so I'm not expecting any trouble with this.

Images uploaded through the attachment control panel will be displayed at the end of your post while all zip files will be clickable to download.

ATTACHMENT FILE SIZES: Attachments in pm's can be no larger than 256 kb, while attachments in a post can be no larger than 1 mb. The NoLimits track I uploaded to test the function was under 100 kb when zipped up, so there's no reason why this should be a problem in most cases. If you have something really special you want to display that's over the size limit, please contact one of the admins about it. Maximum of one attachment per pm, two attachments per post are allowed.

Currently there is no per-user attachment storage limit, however the forum as a whole has a 50 mb storage limit. When we get close to this, we will start pruning attachments or ask you to prune your own attachments, so it will be in your best interest to download attachments that interest you right away so you don't miss them!!

As always, the rules are subject to change as we see fit. We're really excited about this, it's going to make it a lot easier for you all to share and build the community and we know you all will use this new tool for good. We look forward to the park pics and NoLimits tracks that you all come up with!!

TheKlockster
Ride Operator

Post by TheKlockster » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:34 pm

I just noticed that when I posted a big image - linked to imageshack - it appeared in its regular size for a split second, then was resized to not distort the forums. That is AWESOME! Is that a feature of PHPBB or some special plug in you added?

Mental Rose
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: THIS SPACE FOR RENT.

Post by Mental Rose » Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:59 pm

I think it's a regular feature of the board, actually.

Beth
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Friends don't let friends pay parking!

Re: Attachment Upload Functionality Rules

Post by Beth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:20 pm

That might be a browser thing too, depending on what you use and how it's set.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:13 pm

Beth it was a spammer and they have been dealt with.

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

Beth
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Friends don't let friends pay parking!

Post by Beth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:47 pm

I meant the image resizing thing, Paul!

Don't worry, I know a spammer when I see one. :)