Silver Dollar City / July 2009

Write about your adventures, your experiences, your fun at amusement parks, theme parks, coasters and pretty much anywhere else.

Moderator: illinois

ohdaddeee
Over 36"

Silver Dollar City / July 2009

Post by ohdaddeee » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:06 am

I took my daughter and one of her friends to SDC a couple of weeks ago. My daughter is not adventurous at all, so I didn't ride any coasters. But, this trip was for her, and she had fun, and that's all that matters. I wanted to let you know something about SDC that really impressed me. My daughters friend had some allergy medicine I brought with us, in the event that she had an attack (highly allergic to peanuts). When I entered the park I found some lockers, and much to my surprise, they are only 50 cents for the entire day. Well I didn't have two quarters so I went to guest services and asked for change. She noticed the medicine and told me - "You can store that for free at our First Aid station" and she gave me directions. We walked to the station, and the nurse/aid working there was very courteous. I understand that amusement parks are not a charity, they are running a business and need to make money. And as such, many of their financial decisions seem to put us off as visitors to the park. However, Silver Dollar City still provides free parking, cheap lockers, affordable food options, and a common courtesy that you don't see everywhere. The park is always clean and well maintained, and it's still a true theme park. So I just want to say 'Thank You' to Silver Dollar City.

BobbalishBobbus
Over 48"

Re: Silver Dollar City / July 2009

Post by BobbalishBobbus » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:40 pm

wow that is awesome. I had my first visit to SDC during the ACE convention and it became an instant favorite. Its great to see a park that knows the true meaning of guest satisfaction. If I were to open my own park, SDC would be the first place I would go to take notes.

bratman
Park Owner
Custom Title: Destroyer Of Rides

Post by bratman » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:34 pm

I would go to SDC... and then Knoebels :wink:

kidcoaster
Park Management
Custom Title: FEAR IS GOOD

Post by kidcoaster » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:56 pm

I would go to SFKK after all I hear everyone loves that park!

That is really nice how SDC treated you guys like that. I really got spoiled with that parks hospitality.

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:45 pm

I have SO much love for Silver Dollar City as well, since we can see a plenty of woods there are many creatures, and can get closer to them, when we so would love to have a heart calming time. : )