Vintage Kings Island Video (Bat)

Ah, the good old days. Share your memories of parks gone by, discuss the history of parks and rides.

Moderator: illinois

LdScotsman
Wood Coaster Rider

Vintage Kings Island Video (Bat)

Post by LdScotsman » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:25 am

CLICK RIGHT HEREto see vitage KI home video with The Bat, Beast, Racer, Flying Dutchman, Zodiac and more! While you are there check out this guys profile, he's got more stuff from Circus World, Elitch Gardens, the Lightning Loops tradgedy at SFGAdv and a bunch more!

Enjoy,

Tom
Various family pictures with many an amusement park trip thrown in. http://picasaweb.google.com/FlyingTurnsTom

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:41 am

What a classic Bat. I do love that swinging action since it looked like an intense ride with full of speed. Looked like it packed plenty of forces as well. :)

Sora
Ride Operator

Post by Sora » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:45 am

Wow, The Bat went PAST 90 degrees! What were the forces like since the swinging wasn't restricted? :) Pity about the design faults. You'ld think they could fix those and rebuild it but...which park would take the risk? :?

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Sat Apr 19, 2008 4:54 am

That looks sweet!!! My guess is the reason Arrow's later suspended designs were so tame was that all of the challenges with the Bat made them kind of gun shy with that type of design.

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:17 am

Woodpecker wrote:Wow, The Bat went PAST 90 degrees! What were the forces like since the swinging wasn't restricted?
Yeah I could see 'the Bat' ride was swinging a lot, at more than 90 degrees, and it looked like they had a really intense ride when they were flung out so bad. :)