Looking for something that isn't here? What would you like to see happening with this site?

Moderator: illinois

TheKlockster
Ride Operator

Post by TheKlockster » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:01 am

I was wondering if there is any way to fix the new posts feature. When I view new posts, and click on the button to take me to the last unread post in a forum I get a message "No new posts since your last visit." Well when I go back into View New Posts to view the threads, thinking I will just click on the thread and read the whole thing to find the last unread post - I get another message saying no new posts - since I had already visited that page.

I know on Invision Powerboard it remembers the New Posts throughout the whole session. It seems your board only remembers it for one loading of the New Posts page... Is there any way to fix that?

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:15 am

I think the "posts since your last visit" is powered by cookies so once you close that window or surf to another page it automatically resets. The way I surf is that I open up that page and then if there are multiple posts I right click on each and open them up in a new window to read. If anything that is a workaround for that problem.

Have Fun

Paul

TheKlockster
Ride Operator

Post by TheKlockster » Sun Feb 26, 2006 2:54 pm

I use tabs - and the very first tab works fine - then each one after that gets the error. I guess I will just use windows next time and see if that works.

I know Midwestcoastermadness.com uses the same BB system - and it doesn't do that over there. The thing I am clicking on is the little >> thing next to the topic title when you get to the Threads with New Posts menu.

Next time I'll try the windows and see how that works.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:02 pm

Interesting. I tried to surf the way you were talking about where you go forward and backwards to the "New Posts Since Your Last Visit" and it works for me. So give it a try and see if it is working now. Let me know what you find out.

Have Fun

Paul