Spam...

Looking for something that isn't here? What would you like to see happening with this site?

Moderator: illinois

Mr. Ali Baba
Over 48"

Spam...

Post by Mr. Ali Baba » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:47 pm

"Because apperantly missed the memo," I had adequate time to realize precisely what's missing from this forum. For those of us who try to keep up with this forum, but sometimes miss vital posts. I give you, for example, the post about not using the all too familiar spam can when marking a post as spam. It seems that some users complain that using said image is a nuissance because they have slow connections. Well, that seems logical...had I received the message. What this forum needs is a means of communicating important messages and updates to the users that sometimes incidentally miss these certainly important updates. Perhaps some way of either private messaging users so that they are sure not to miss it, or perhaps even using a little message box system like MySpace use it, so those trying to be an asset to the forum don't do the opposite. Not to mention, it would save the time of certain users having to private message those of us who missed an update. It's just a thought!

Awaiting Waldameer's Ravine Flyer II, GG in '08

IndianaJoe
Senior Park Management
Custom Title: Just a Dude.

Post by IndianaJoe » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:25 am

I apologize for not being able to get the information out to you better. I was the one who complained about the use of the spam can. I have meant no offense.

My connection sucks. Let me rephrase that. My connection is unreliable. At times I will get ADSL quality. But then our local servers decide that that's too fast for them and I'll get below 56k.

I apologize if I have offended you. Thank you for your vigilance and thank you for your patience.

Have a nice day.
Wile E. Coyote...Suuuuper Genius!

ahoffman50
Park Chain CEO

Post by ahoffman50 » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:51 am

Joe,
I believe he was more offended by my comment. Because I was rather blunt, when I should have chosen my words more carefully.
Great Wooden Coasters | Great Steel Coasters
Top Wood Coaster: The Raven | Top Steel Coaster: Patriot
A special place for kids with terminal illnesses: Give Kids the World Village

Mr. Ali Baba
Over 48"

Post by Mr. Ali Baba » Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:38 pm

I wasn't offended...just having a long day in the ambulance...haha. no harm! I understand slow connections....I had an overpriced dial-up service **cough AOL cough** for 3 years....

Awaiting Waldameer's Ravine Flyer II, GG in '08