How To Join The Negative-G Chat

Information about the site, updates, news from Negative-G, etc.

Moderator: illinois

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

How To Join The Negative-G Chat

Post by Paul Drabek » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:16 pm

Hey everyone.

Most of what goes on here tends to be in our Sunday and Wednesday Night Chat sessions. We talk coasters and pretty much everything else so I wanted to put up a little post directing those who haven't joined in how to do so.

Step one register for the Negative-G Forums. I know there were a few issues that were keeping people from registering but those should be fixed now. If you have any issues please email me at pauldrabek@negative-g.com.

Once registered and logged in you will find a little button on the bottom left side of the window that is labeled "Chatrooms"
chatrooms.jpg
chatrooms.jpg (85.76 KiB) Viewed 6171 times
Click on that and you will be able to select a chatroom to join. On the opposite side of that bar says "Who's Online" Click that to see who is online and instant message them.
chatroom select.jpg
chatroom select.jpg (66.95 KiB) Viewed 6171 times
In the Chatroom Selection screen you can choose which chatroom to join. The "Negative-G Chat" is the only permanent room so to join in the Sunday and Wednesday night chats click on that.
chatroomattatched.jpg
chatroomattatched.jpg (92.79 KiB) Viewed 6171 times
When you join a chatroom it will be attached to the window. If you want the chatroom to be in a single unattached window select "Popout" on the chat room's menu bar.
chatroom popup.jpg
chatroom popup.jpg (155.6 KiB) Viewed 6171 times
It is a little bit easier to chat and surf the web or multitask with the chat window unattached.

Once there you will see a list of whoever is in chat along the right side of the screen. You type in your responses on the bottom line and the majority of the window is where the chat is.

As for inside of chat there are a few controls you can use.
chat controls.jpg
chat controls.jpg (29.67 KiB) Viewed 6171 times
The clock icon shows and hides the time that the posts were made.

The dropper makes it so you can change the color of your text.

The hard drive with an up arrow above it is to share a file. This is mostly used to share pictures with everyone else in chat. There are some file size limits so you might not want to post something really massive. Also keep it clean as sometimes there are users under 18 in chat.

The yellow circle is the smiley button. If you want to add a smiley or some of the custom ines we have like Light Beer Josh Shot Dark beer :beer: they are in there too.

Let me know if you have any questions and please feel free to join us in chat. Chats are Sunday and Wednesday nights and start at 8 pm central and go to whenever.

Have fun!

Paul
Life is short....have fun!