Negative-G Is Moving

Information about the site, updates, news from Negative-G, etc.

Moderator: illinois

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Negative-G Is Moving

Post by Paul Drabek » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:53 pm

Hey everyone;

After my host raised rates 50% in the last two years I have decided to finally leave my current host. So that means we have to jump through a bunch of hurdles and move the forum to the new server and get it all set up. We have already backed up this database so please DO NOT make any new posts as they will not make it over onto the new server. Chat will go on as normal tomorrow night as I wont be calling to get the domain name server (what points www.negative-g.com to the server where the files and database are stored) changed until Monday so expect some down time from Monday-Wednesday and hopefully it will be all up and running for chat then.

This will be a good move for us as of right now the forum software is messed up (only about 50% of new registrations actually get through) and the new server should offer us better support and I won't get killed by 25% yearly increases in how much I am paying to keep the site up.

Also my email is going to be wonky switching servers so you can get a hold of me at pauldrabek@icloud.com.

Have fun!

Paul
Life is short....have fun!