Updates

Information about the site, updates, news from Negative-G, etc.

Moderator: illinois

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Updates

Post by Paul Drabek » Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:09 pm

Hey all;

First off I would like to apologize for the tardiness of my updates this year since I finally got all of them up. Things have been crazy around here and I just haven't been up to working on the site.

That's now over with and my goal is to have photos up within a week of my trips (except for the NYC Trip as it will tame me a while to do 5 parks).

In addition to the regular updates I am looking into possibly adding a video podcast (or "Vodcast") with some video of rides, parks and what I think of them. That though is in the experimental stage right now so we'll see how it goes.

Also I am still in the process of bringing all of my old pages up to the current format which will probably take all year as I have 10 years of pages to work through.

Speaking of ten years, this is my tenth anniversary here on the internet. In that time I have gone from a few pages of photos on Geocities, buying my own domain name, moving to a few other hosts, having to buy another domain name when my old one (.net) was stolen from me, living out several dreams (riding a coaster on media day, several construction tours, watching a coaster being built from start to finish, becoming a father) and meeting some insanely fantastic friends. It's been one fun ride and it isn't over yet. I'm just glad you all are along with me for this ride.

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

OrangeWhip
Wood Coaster Rider

Re: Updates

Post by OrangeWhip » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:43 pm

Paul Drabek wrote:In addition to the regular updates I am looking into possibly adding a video podcast (or "Vodcast") with some video of rides, parks and what I think of them. That though is in the experimental stage right now so we'll see how it goes.
That sounds pretty cool. That would be some fun content to add to the site.

dare-to-fly
Park Management
Custom Title: Biggest fan ever of violakat03

Post by dare-to-fly » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:08 pm

That's now over with and my goal is to have photos up within a week of my trips (except for the NYC Trip as it will tame me a while to do 5 parks).
If you're anything like me, you will regret saying that! :)

I have a feeling we'll all forgive you if that doesn't happen, but I hope it does!

We love your photos, TR's, and this site! You know that, but reminding you was a must! We're glad you're here, and happy 10th anniversary!

Keep up the good work!

Nick

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:20 am

'Time flies.' since Paul, he said like he would start working on the greatest update ever,
like adding a LOT of awesome park videos and on-ride videos. ( As long as the ride operator gives you a green light with a grin. )
Last edited by NL_IS_AWESOME on Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

bratman
Park Owner
Custom Title: Destroyer Of Rides

Post by bratman » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:08 pm

I remember telling you at Cedar Point that you and your TR's were responsible for me driving out to the middle of nowhere to check out Holiday World....and now, I have been there 3 years in a row, and looking forward to a 4th!

Cheers and happy anniversary!