Negative G Park

Here's a place where you can talk about No Limits, ask for help as well as post your creations so everyone can take them for a ride.

Moderator: illinois

Sora
Ride Operator

Re: Negative G Park

Post by Sora » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:04 am

Paul, are you still in the running?

Sora
Ride Operator

Post by Sora » Sat Jul 25, 2015 4:55 am

Spencerman, this is an amazing coaster! I love the bobsled-style slalom down off the top of the lift, and the hell-for-leather ride all the way to the brake run with no shortage of intense laterals and verticals. I rode in the front seat and the back and it's almost equally wild in both. :D The only thing I will say is that the lack of a midcourse hinders capacity. When I rode I was sitting on the first set of brakes for a long time and even in manual mode, to get rid of the station's abominable default dispatch times, I still couldn't get a decent throughput. It works much better with two trains in its current form. Other than that, you totally nailed the design brief. Congratulations! :mrgreen:

Your turn :smile:

Spencerman
Ride Operator

Post by Spencerman » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:56 am

Thank you so much! That coaster was a lot of fun designing.

Alrighty, Adventureland in Iowa is looking to add a fresh new steel coaster. Where will they put it? Over the lagoon that's wedged between the Dragon's layout. The park decides that Mack would be the company to go to, due to the comfy restraints and breathtaking layouts. Adventureland has already planned out where the station, brakes, and storage are, along with where the coaster can fit. Now it's all up to Mack's newest engineer, you, to create a smooth, thrilling ride for the small Iowan park.

Rules: The coaster must be 100-199 feet tall, and over 2,500 feet in length. You may not build outside of the red lines, or inside of the blue lines (because the Dragon goes through that area). You may not physically change anything that has been built, but you are allowed to fiddle with the settings of the pre-built track. You may not alter the terrain. And above all, have fun!
Attachments
Adventureland Negative G Scenario.zip
(18.71 KiB) Downloaded 437 times

Sora
Ride Operator

Post by Sora » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:39 pm

Okay, how do I make my lift hill straight? The roll point at the start of the station is at zero degrees, as is the one at the end, yet the station itself is banked. The lifthill is also banked, even though I put ANOTHER roll node with zero banking at the bottom and the top. I can't make the drop at a continuous descending pitch either, for some obscure reason. File attached if it helps.
Attachments
Sora is stuck .zip
(6.83 KiB) Downloaded 523 times

Spencerman
Ride Operator

Post by Spencerman » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:38 pm

Hopefully this will help. I made the second station and lift straight by adding two strict vertices to them, which keeps that part from becoming curvy. I then went and selected the station and lift vertices, went into top view, and selected Make Straight 2D. That made it so the track looks like a straight line from up above, but also keep the lift and station at their same angles. I then went through and put in roll nodes to keep the station and lift from banking. As for the drop, I have no idea other than starting that over with the new lift. I hope this cleared things up and if it didn't, feel free to ask again. :smile:
Attachments
Sora is stuck touched up.zip
(13.97 KiB) Downloaded 512 times

Spencerman
Ride Operator

Post by Spencerman » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:07 pm

Not to double-post, but I made my own entry for this, if you'd like to see it. It's not my best work, but it was fun to make. I really like the compact rides and can't wait to see what comes out of this!
Attachments
Adventureland Mack Coaster by Spencerman.zip
(37.5 KiB) Downloaded 486 times

Sora
Ride Operator

Post by Sora » Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:55 am

Sorry Spencerman, I've been on holiday abroad for a month and just haven't had time to play with NL. Maybe when I get back in a few days. :)