New River Gorge Coaster

Here's a place where you can talk about No Limits, ask for help as well as post your creations so everyone can take them for a ride.

Moderator: illinois

Trackwalker
Over 36"

New River Gorge Coaster

Post by Trackwalker » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:58 pm

Hi everybody,
Here's my latest New River Gorge coaster and this is the first site I'm uploading it. So you'll be the first to ride this monster. I recreated the Steel Arch Bridge over the New River near Fayetteville, West Virginia. The only difference is my NL bridge is only 450 feet high, whereas the real New River Bridge is 876 feet above the New River. In this simulator you'll see BASE jumpers jumping off the bridge and parachuting down to the New River and you'll be able to cross the New River Bridge on a hyper coaster train and then descend into the Gorge at lightning speeds.
Enjoy your ride!!!
Trackwalker a.k.a. Alfred
Attachments
New River Gorge BASE Jumping.zip
New River Gorge BASE jumping
(217.91 KiB) Downloaded 202 times

Sora
Ride Operator

Re: New River Gorge Coaster

Post by Sora » Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:27 pm

That's amazing. *Stands up and claps*

CptBeeble
Ride Operator
Custom Title: My body isn't a temple, it's an amusement park.

Post by CptBeeble » Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:11 pm

I don't even want to know how many hundred hours it took to build that.

Trackwalker
Over 36"

Post by Trackwalker » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:47 pm

LOL!! About 1,000 hours. But I had fun doing it TC10K. Check out my New River Dueling Racers.

CptBeeble
Ride Operator
Custom Title: My body isn't a temple, it's an amusement park.

Post by CptBeeble » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:54 am

You and I have vastly different definitions of "fun."
While I love making tracks, placing supports in NL is one of those things that makes me want to tear out my hair and put my fist through the monitor.

I have yet to get the hang of moving stuff around in 3D view and trying to put something into place in 2D, then going to 3D to see if it's right, then going back to 2D, etc, is a time-consuming mess.

I can't tell you how many steel coasters I've built that just hang in mid-air because I can't stand the thought of doing all those supports....

At least, according to one of the Dev Team, NL2 will have a wide range of standardized steelie supports that just need to be clicked into place.
Hopefully, there will be an easier method of placing custom supports as well.