BOBS the Famous Riverview Coaster

Here's a place where you can talk about No Limits, ask for help as well as post your creations so everyone can take them for a ride.

Moderator: illinois

Trackwalker
Over 36"

BOBS the Famous Riverview Coaster

Post by Trackwalker » Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:16 pm

This "NO LIMITS" simulator of the BOBS at old Chicago's Riverview Park (RIP) lets you take a ride on this famous roller coaster. I got most of my information on this ride from Robert Cartmel's book entitled, THE INCREDIBLE SCREAM MACHINE. His book has the blueprint layout of the BOBS and that's what I used to make this roller coaster. Included in this simulation is the Shoot the Chutes, Parachutes, and the Entrance Building to Riverview. I'm continually updating this recreation of Riverview so in the future you may see additional rides that were at Riverview. But for now, enjoy your ride on the BOBS, one of the finest roller coasters of the PAST.
Attachments
BOBS the Famous Riverview Coaster.zip
BOBS: Famous Riverview Coaster
(202.24 KiB) Downloaded 242 times

Sora
Ride Operator

Re: BOBS the Famous Riverview Coaster

Post by Sora » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:18 am

That's a great recreation, well done! I especially like the station, although in the footage I have seen there wasn't a roof over the final brakerun and some of the curves of the track seem a little wide. Other than that, no niggles really! :D

dare-to-fly
Park Management
Custom Title: Biggest fan ever of violakat03

Post by dare-to-fly » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:25 pm

Three trains with the double lift and all those blocks - I want to see that run at Knoebels. I can see it now - train gets to almost the top of the lift and in the station you hear, "Dispatch."

Trackwalker
Over 36"

Post by Trackwalker » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:42 pm

Hi there DARE TO FLY,
That's a picture of the Screechin' Eagle you have there. I used to work on that coaster. Great little coaster!!!

CptBeeble
Ride Operator
Custom Title: My body isn't a temple, it's an amusement park.

Post by CptBeeble » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:20 pm

One of my fave coaster memories ever is when I FINALLY got to ride Screechin' Eagle (it was closed on my first three visits to the park). After the first few rides, it began pouring down rain... but no lightning, so the coaster remained open.

Usually with just me on it.

The rain came down hard and I had to ride with my hands shielding my face. The floor of the cars were sloshing with water and I eventually just put my head down and looked at the floor because it was easier than shielding my face with my hands and because it was fun to watch the water on the floor get airtime and slosh around.

It ran like mad when it was wet, the airtime was incredible, and I rode for nearly two straight hours before the others in my party insisted that it had stopped raining and other rides were beginning to open. Good times.