Serpiente del Fuego

Here's a place where you can talk about No Limits, ask for help as well as post your creations so everyone can take them for a ride.

Moderator: illinois

Trackwalker
Over 36"

Serpiente del Fuego

Post by Trackwalker » Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:18 pm

Here's my recreation of the Mexico City Racer called Serpiente del Fuego, Fire Serpent.
Attachments
SERPIENTE DEL FUEGO.zip
Serpiente del Fuego
(286.93 KiB) Downloaded 248 times

CptBeeble
Ride Operator
Custom Title: My body isn't a temple, it's an amusement park.

Re: Serpiente del Fuego

Post by CptBeeble » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:52 pm

Dude. This rocks, seriously. And from me recollection of the ride, it seems to be spot-on (except I remember the lift hill being half that fast).

On my fifth ride, the buzz bar came up and LOCKED in the up position on the first camelback. Scariest thing ever, considering that "M-shaped" hill was coming up after the next turn and it has ejector airtime. Me and the Mexican kid next to me hung on for dear life (in the front seat, no less) and made it back to the station.

On returning, the kid was yelling at the ride ops (not sure what, I don't speak Spanish) and pointing at the lap bar. The train stopped at the unloading point, the ops jiggled the bar and pushed some console buttons. You heard the familiar buzz and the bar went down. They moved it up/down a couple of times, shrugged, then let the next group of riders on the train(!)

...aaaaaaand that was the last time I rode it.