The Sea Monster wooden roller coster

Here's a place where you can talk about No Limits, ask for help as well as post your creations so everyone can take them for a ride.

Moderator: illinois

Captain Peglego
Kiddie Rider

The Sea Monster wooden roller coster

Post by Captain Peglego » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:12 pm

Hay guy's, here's my coaster tell me what you think
Attachments
sea monster.zip
(57.35 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
Last edited by Captain Peglego on Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Peglego
Kiddie Rider

Re: The Sea Monster wooden roller coster

Post by Captain Peglego » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:22 pm

I named it Sea Monster because I had nothing to think of. :lol:

Sincerely,
Bond

PS. I just goofed off

Sora
Ride Operator

Re: The Sea Monster wooden roller coster

Post by Sora » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:39 am

Hay Bond,

First off: I really enjoyed this coaster. It had nice pacing, quick curves, and the airtime hills were a lot of fun. I see your technique has improved quite a bit, too. Well done! :D That said, the ride felt way too short. You build anticipation nicely with the low bunny hills ala Great Escape Comet, but then the train hits the brakes and the ride is all over. What it really needs is a decent amount of 'action' starting where the brake run currently is. I like the brake shed: when I first rode your version I thought it was a roofed over speed bump, which would have worked well. There's quite a few right hand turns. In fact, all of the turns are clockwise, so put in a few anticlockwise turns to break things up a little and make the ride more unpredictable. The straight drops and hills are fine, but a few double ups or double downs would be more interesting too. I hope you don't mind, but I played around with it a bit and attached my longer version to this reply for you to look at. The ending is more Church than Miller, but then it's only for ideas on how your coaster could be extended. Basically, you have a great start to what could be an excellent ride. It's just missing the follow-through. :)

Edit: text re-written for clarity.
Attachments
Sea Monster by Bond adjusted.zip
(79.61 KiB) Downloaded 243 times