LiftOff! A vertical lanch coaster

Here's a place where you can talk about No Limits, ask for help as well as post your creations so everyone can take them for a ride.

Moderator: illinois

scooby305
Over 52"
Custom Title: The member formerly known as Scoobywoof83

LiftOff! A vertical lanch coaster

Post by scooby305 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:51 pm

An Intamin inverted coaster. Starts off slow then launches at 60 mph straight up 260 ft to flip over and come back down. Top Speed 92 mph. Contains 4 Inversions : the Flip Over, A 215 ft massive cobra roll, and an Inversion I toyed with that starts off like a Zero G roll and ends like a loop, kinda like a dive loop. Kindof a short coaster. I wanted to create something that wasn't a HUGE footprint, but would pack a good punch.. Enjoy!
Attachments
LiftOff.zip
(7.46 KiB) Downloaded 264 times

Sora
Ride Operator

Re: LiftOff! A vertical lanch coaster

Post by Sora » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:38 am

Very nice, it's a good fun ride and the supports look okay to me. The only thing is that the ride is a bit short. I think you could have done a lot more once the last inversion was over -- perhaps extend the ride with a truly wild run around the place. At the moment it feels like you ran out of ideas and didn't know how to finish it. Good try though, keep them coming! :)

scooby305
Over 52"
Custom Title: The member formerly known as Scoobywoof83

Re: LiftOff! A vertical lanch coaster

Post by scooby305 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:32 am

I was actually going for something smaller and quicker, like Storm Runner or Volcano, but I do get that at times, a great start to a coaster, but not sure how to end it lol.