Great American Scream Machine

Here's a place where you can talk about No Limits, ask for help as well as post your creations so everyone can take them for a ride.

Moderator: illinois

Trackwalker
Over 36"

Great American Scream Machine

Post by Trackwalker » Sun May 08, 2011 10:13 am

This is my recreation of the Great American Scream Machine at Six Flags Over Georgia, a John Allen designed roller coaster of the Philadelphia Toboggan Company. John Allen designed this roller coaster shortly after designing the Racer at Kings Island.

In this recreation you see that all the structure was hand made by me, not the NL auto-generated structure. Why? Because NL spaces the horizontal boards on the side of the structure exactly 10 feet apart and real coaster's are spaced 6 feet apart. So I wanted the structure to look exactly like the real Great American Scream Machine so I did all the structure by hand.

You'll also notice that I built the queue building. It took about 10,000 free nodes to complete the queue building and it was all hand made. Darn near got carpel tunnel wrist after doing that. LOL.

Took me about 3 months to complete this coaster.

Right now, I'm working on a final version of Thunderhead at Dollywood. I've uploaded several versions of Thunderhead on other sites but this last version I'm working on will be more accurate.
I also have several other coaster I think you'll enjoy. You may have seen them on other sites but the versions I'm uploading on this site are a little better because I have eliminated some of the flaws I found in my earlier models.
Enjoy your ride on the Great American Scream Machine!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
Great American Scream Machine.zip
This is my recreation of the Great American Scream Machine at Six Flags Over Georgia
(351.87 KiB) Downloaded 188 times

beastbass
Over 52"
Custom Title: Bass and bass may be spelled the same, but they're pronounced differently.

Re: Great American Scream Machine

Post by beastbass » Sun May 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Wow, I'm impressed by both tracks you've uploaded. I'd like to see if you can do a Screamin' Eagle recreation.

Trackwalker
Over 36"

Re: Great American Scream Machine

Post by Trackwalker » Mon May 09, 2011 4:22 am

I think I could do the Screaming Eagle at Six Flags, beastbass. All I'd need are some reliable statistics on the coaster and some good pictures of it and a satelite view of the layout from Google Maps. Right now I'm working on my final version of Thunderhead at Dollywood. It should be done by the end of this week. I'll keep the Screaming Eagle in mind.