Screechin' Eagle at Americana a.k.a. LeSourdsville, Ohio

Here's a place where you can talk about No Limits, ask for help as well as post your creations so everyone can take them for a ride.

Moderator: illinois

Trackwalker
Over 36"

Screechin' Eagle at Americana a.k.a. LeSourdsville, Ohio

Post by Trackwalker » Sun May 08, 2011 9:52 am

Hi. I'm Trackwalker, a.k.a. Alfred, and I discovered the No Limits simulator about four years ago. When I saw the demo of this simulator I couldn't believe my eyes. I immediately purchased it and I've been making roller coasters ever since. One of my first projects was to make a replica of the roller coaster I used to work on, namely the Space Rocket or as it is now known as the Screechin' Eagle. This coaster has had three names and two park locations. It's a 1920's John A. Miller designed coaster originally built at Moxahala Park in Zanesville, Ohio. The Park closed during the Great Depression and the Cyclone, as it was originally named, was moved to LeSourdsville Lake Amusement Park located on State Route 4 between Hamilton and Middletown, Ohio. The Cyclone was installed at LeSourdsville around 1940. Sorry I can't give you exact dates. It was named the Cyclone. It ran two small trains. Later, around 1960, the Cyclone was purchased by James Figley and he changed the name of the coaster to Space Rocket, which you'll see when you download this model I made. I hand made all the structure you'll see in this model because I wanted the structure to look exactly like the real Space Rocket. You'll notice I spaced the horizontal 2x6's on the side of the structure exactly 6 feet apart, the way real wooden coasters are designed, not the 10 foot spacing that the NL auto generates. So what you'll see is exactly how the structure appeared and you'll notice that it matches all the old John Miller designed roller coasters. Mr. Howard Bernie, owner of LeSourdsville Lake, bought the Space Rocket from Mr. Figley, in 1967. That's the year I started working on the Space Rocket. Mr. Bernie changed the name of the roller coaster to Screechin' Eagle around 1985 or so. Again, sorry, I can't remember the exact date. I worked on the coaster until 1976. It was dangerous work rebuilding the track every winter.
So here you have it. The most realistic recreation of the LeSourdsville coaster you'll ever see. Well, go to YouTube and you'll see some video's of it also but with this NL version, you can ride in any seat, go anywhere your heart desires and look at it at any angle. Much better than You Tube if you ask me.
Enjoy your ride on the Cyclone, Space Rocket or the Screechin' Eagle, which ever name turns you on.
Attachments
' Eagle or Space Rocket.zip
This is a recreation of the Screechin' Eagle at Americana or Space Rocket at LeSourdsville Lake Amusement Park. Same roller coaster in either case.
(167.37 KiB) Downloaded 188 times

Trackwalker
Over 36"

Re: Screechin' Eagle at Americana a.k.a. LeSourdsville, Ohio

Post by Trackwalker » Tue May 10, 2011 9:03 pm

By the way, the Great Miami River flows in back of the Screechin' Eagle and the small stream that goes by the shop and motor house and lift hill is Gregory Creek. Also in my simulation you'll see State Route 4, a four lane divided highway that goes from Cincinnati, Ohio to Sandusky, Ohio home of Cedar Point. State Route 4 also goes through Dayton, Ohio which was the home of National Amusement Device Company, which built many of the old coasters which are slowly disappearing.