No Limits 2 (NL2)

Here's a place where you can talk about No Limits, ask for help as well as post your creations so everyone can take them for a ride.

Moderator: illinois

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Re: No Limits 2 (NL2)

Post by Paul Drabek » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:51 pm

I know about Arrow's experimentation with loops but it would be cool to play with in a virtual way.
Life is short....have fun!

Spencerman
Ride Operator

Post by Spencerman » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:53 pm

WOAH I never knew they did that! (Plus, I can't see the flaw...)

CptBeeble
Ride Operator
Custom Title: My body isn't a temple, it's an amusement park.

Post by CptBeeble » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:09 pm

the problem with inversions on swinging cars is what happens if the car doesn't have enough speed... while inverted, the car would fall to the side, probably breaking off of the stalk and most definitely injuring the riders who would get slammed against the side of the OTSRs and/or the side of the car, even if the thing doesn't break off.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:04 am

I understand that Jim but still it would be fun to watch how the cars would behave.

CptBeeble
Ride Operator

Post by CptBeeble » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:31 pm

right. I was responding to Spencerman.

As for "seeing how they will behave", I am TOTALLY going to build one that stalls in the middle of an inversion.

CptBeeble
Ride Operator

Post by CptBeeble » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:53 am

So Paul and I were face booking until very late, refreshing the NL sites waiting for it to get released.
I finally went to bed and would wake up every hour or so and check.
This last time, I had a dream that the site refreshed and said that the game had to be purchased at McDonalds (!) and I rushed out to the closest one, which looked more like a Sonic with drive-up ordering kiosks. Paul was across the parking lot at his own kiosk, ordering his copy. The disk (or whatever, I don't even remember seeing it) came and I started backing out and leaving. I checked my receipt and saw that I got charged $12,000!!! I drove back up and tried to get someone's attention, but it was really busy and I couldn't get waited on. I was trying to decide whether or not to wait it out until someone could fix the error, or what to do if it really WAS $12K and whether I'd just bite the bullet and pay it... that's when I decided to just stay up this time and not even try to go back to sleep.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:00 am

LOL...dude you were dreaming about me!

You did wake me up when you PM'd me about it being up and now I am slowly downloading
(4 hours despite my 18mb download speed over fiber) it in hopes of playing it after our groceries/swimming/date/shopping (not in that order) run to Quincy today.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:09 pm

I have it and I just put it on Bond's PC and OMG it looks amazing. I fired up a "park" (no more track files as you can add numerous tracks to a park) with a wooden coaster with Timberliners and a Arrow Suspended and it blew Bond away.

In addition to the look of the tracks I think the editor (once I get it all figured out) with a 1-4 pane view and that the vertices are not a part of the track are going to making smooth rides significantly easier and faster to make.

Sora
Ride Operator

Post by Sora » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:45 pm

It took 12 hours to download. I hope it doesn't take that long to install! :lol:

Sora
Ride Operator

Post by Sora » Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:34 pm

Paul, I just imported your recreation of the Riverview Bobs, updated the physics to NL2 (there's an option), changed the setting to 11 cars per train to match the original, and took it for a spin. It's CRAZY! :D Actually, it's now too fast. With the new updated physics the ride runs considerably quicker than it did in NL1. Lowering the lift hill to 64 foot 9 to match the original makes it run a lot more realistically, the g forces stay in check, and it's still a fast-paced coaster. :smile:

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:29 pm

Woodpecker wrote:It took 12 hours to download. I hope it doesn't take that long to install! :lol:
Yeah their servers suck.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:39 pm

Woodpecker wrote:Paul, I just imported your recreation of the Riverview Bobs, updated the physics to NL2 (there's an option), changed the setting to 11 cars per train to match the original, and took it for a spin. It's CRAZY! :D Actually, it's now too fast. With the new updated physics the ride runs considerably quicker than it did in NL1. Lowering the lift hill to 64 foot 9 to match the original makes it run a lot more realistically, the g forces stay in check, and it's still a fast-paced coaster. :smile:

I just ran it and it looks like the videos that I have seen of the ride. It was brutal, intense and known as the best coaster on the planet. The big change that needs to happen is the little hill after the first time through the horseshoe actually goes below grade as a dip. I had to go up as at the time there wasn't a terrain editor for NL.

What I could actually do especially since I built a large portion of Riverview's coasters is I could actually recreate the park. I might do that after people start making more rides and buildings with which to properly populate the park.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:25 am

Here's a quick tweak of the Bobs...I had to raise it a little bit and kind of fix that dip. Also I had to delete some of the structure as the first hill does not have that stair step structure.
Attachments
Riverview Park Chicago.zip
(232.82 KiB) Downloaded 195 times

Sora
Ride Operator

Post by Sora » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:45 am

Paul Drabek wrote:I just ran it and it looks like the videos that I have seen of the ride. It was brutal, intense and known as the best coaster on the planet. The big change that needs to happen is the little hill after the first time through the horseshoe actually goes below grade as a dip. I had to go up as at the time there wasn't a terrain editor for NL.

What I could actually do especially since I built a large portion of Riverview's coasters is I could actually recreate the park. I might do that after people start making more rides and buildings with which to properly populate the park.
I've sent you a pm about the lift height. Recreating the park would be amazing. Then we could take all of Riverview's coasters for a spin and pick our favourite :smile:

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:49 am

I think I have 5 total that I recreated...the big thing I need to figure out is how to create terrain so I can put the Chicago River in it. I'll play with that tomorrow.