My first coaster

Here's a place where you can talk about No Limits, ask for help as well as post your creations so everyone can take them for a ride.

Moderator: illinois

Captain Peglego
Kiddie Rider

My first coaster

Post by Captain Peglego » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:11 pm

This is Bond. This is my first No limits coaster.

Bond
Attachments
Pure Energy.zip
Pure Energy
(101.49 KiB) Downloaded 332 times

OrangeWhip
Wood Coaster Rider

Re: My first coaster

Post by OrangeWhip » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:27 pm

Very nice! Very graceful coaster. I'll make sure Allie and Daniel ride it tomorrow.

dare-to-fly
Park Management
Custom Title: Biggest fan ever of violakat03

Post by dare-to-fly » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:23 pm

Glad to see you on here, Bond. I was beginning to wonder if you would join. We've all seen your face all over the site, so it seems natural that you should be in the forum too!

Welcome, and I hope to meet you sometime this year!

Nick

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:42 am

We have seen Bond in a great number of photos so far, but finally it looks like he is really starting to be into adding his thoughts here. : )

OrangeWhip
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by OrangeWhip » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:06 am

Allie and Daniel loved it! Allie said it was a lot like Evel Knievel which is a coaster she really likes. Daniel wants to keep riding it.

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:10 am

It's SO good as Evel Knievel has made truly what he is, since he is already liking to build coasters in No Limits, yeah SFSTL's fancy woodie twister brought him an inspiration. : )

EagleMan76
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: SFSTL Rides Lead

Post by EagleMan76 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:23 pm

Nice coaster especially for a first! It reminded me of EK as well. If you have any questions about NL, feel free to ask them here, although it looks like you are off to a great start. Also, if (when) you guys do come down to SFSTL, let me know ahead of time, as I'll be running the rides in the north end of the park.
ImageImage

Captain Peglego
Kiddie Rider

Post by Captain Peglego » Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:08 pm

Thanks for these comments. I liked them il comment more later.

Bond

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:34 pm

Bond did a good job with that coaster. I had to help smooth things out a bit and to help him bring his coaster to life as switching between No Limits different views in the editor was a bit confusing. But he's doing fine for a first ride.

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:42 pm

I believe as No Limits truly gets him into the pure fun in making his own coasters, as he wants. So I now have got a feeling like he is gonna be sort of a great coaster builder through the site. Let's do see how it's going from now on. : )

Sora
Ride Operator

Post by Sora » Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:14 pm

Hello Bond, good to see you here at last! As OrangeWhip said, this is a very nice and graceful ride. It needs a little work smoothing out the corners, otherwise it's very smooth. The ride got faster as it progressed towards the end which is great, but the long straight section leading up to the final figure-of-eight seems to break up the action a bit too much. Try dividing it into four equal sections of track and then create 2 dips: the result is 3 pops of air. Also, you need to raise the base of your drop out of the station just a fraction: there are 2 sleepers sticking up through the track. Other than that, it's a great ride especially for a first design. Well done!

P.S. I'm curious: did you take any inspiration from other rides? It reminds me a little of Traver's Sesquicentennial Cyclone, which your dad recreated a few years back. :)

EagleMan76
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: SFSTL Rides Lead

Post by EagleMan76 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:58 pm

I completely agree with Woodpecker: if you add those dips it would give it that extra touch of air to /really/ give it the feel of a GCI. If you want I could make a video for those who don't have No Limits so they can check it out.
Keep up the good work, and we look forward to your future designs!
ImageImage

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:48 pm

I would have to say like Bond, you will be a great coaster builder as long as you can keep up your good work on building a plenty of amazing designs have got each unique element. : )

Trackwalker
Over 36"

Post by Trackwalker » Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:33 pm

I'm new to this site so I'm not sure how to upload NL tracks. So here goes. This first coaster I'm uploading is called Anabolic ATV. ATV because it rides close to the ground most of the way and Anabolic, well, after you ride it you'll see why I called this a roller coaster on steroids.
Attachments
Anabolic ATV.zip
I'm new to Negative-G and this is my first No Limits roller coaster I'm adding to this site.

I'm uploading my first coaster to this site. It's available on some other sites but I've decided to at it to this one because I see there are people on this site that aren't on the other sites. I've zipped this 3MB track down to about 500KB so it should be easy to downloat.
(524.83 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Anabolic ATV.zip
I'm new to Negative-G.com
Here's one of my No Limits tracks called Anabolic ATV. Ride it and you'll see why it's called the roller coaster on steroids.
(524.83 KiB) Downloaded 199 times

scooby305
Over 52"
Custom Title: The member formerly known as Scoobywoof83

Post by scooby305 » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:29 am

Very cool Bond. Much better than my first couple I made. Instead of actually studying the program I tried to go way too extreme and made rides that would probably kill people lol. It takes time, but it's not hard to pick up. Before you know it you'll be like me and spending hours building coasters lol.