New User Help :S

Here's a place where you can talk about No Limits, ask for help as well as post your creations so everyone can take them for a ride.

Moderator: illinois

craigell
Kiddie Rider

New User Help :S

Post by craigell » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:14 pm

Hi i just found out about NoLimits the other day only got the demo right now planning on getting the real version but i have no clue how to use the program i wanted to know if there any kind of Tutorial Thanks :lol:

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:25 pm

I've never really seen any tutorial for No Limits of course I haven't looked for one so I really don't know. About NL though my biggest suggestion is just to play around with it. It's going to be a bit frustrating and you won't be able to make it just the way you want it but don't give up as it will come to you.

Once you start designing though feel free to post specific questions here and myself or a few of this forums other NL users well be happy to help out.

Have Fun and welcome to the Negative-G Forums.

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

craigell
Kiddie Rider

Post by craigell » Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:15 pm

could someone even record on fraps them making just a basic coaster so i have a some clue of what to do

Matt26250
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by Matt26250 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:43 pm

I don't know of any basic tutorials, but like Paul said don't give up. If you do decide to buy the full version, look at some of the included tracks in the editor, to get a basic feel of node placement. Once you learn the basic placement, the program is relatively simple.

It really not possible for a simple video to be made of a full track being created as it's a long process.

ahoffman50
Park Chain CEO

Post by ahoffman50 » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:07 pm

I found that just by messing around with it and from taking a few CAD courses, I became very familiar with the interfaces. My problem is that I am not creative or patient enough to create an awesome coaster. Your first coaster will probably suck. It is alright. The really great designs come from those that have spent countless hours playing around with it.
Great Wooden Coasters | Great Steel Coasters
Top Wood Coaster: The Raven | Top Steel Coaster: Patriot
A special place for kids with terminal illnesses: Give Kids the World Village

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:59 am

Well I had some hard time as I started to play No Limits first to make some cool tracks but I now can make the angled tracks pretty easy. The twisted drop track is still kind of my big trouble to get down to. I don't still have the guts to upload some of my works though. A lot of practices are needed, anyway, by the seat of my pants. :D

Spatch
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by Spatch » Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:58 am

Matt26250 wrote:It really not possible for a simple video to be made of a full track being created as it's a long process.
Indeed. Some of my designs have been tweaked and reworked over the course of months. That'd be a boring video to watch :D
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em" - The Webb Wilder Credo

Trackwalker
Over 36"

Re: New User Help :S

Post by Trackwalker » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:25 am

The program comes with "Tips" when you open a track. The NL program comes with a built in "track smoother" which will smooth your tracks out. I use it a lot when making tracks. Also there is a built in tutorial if you click on the "HELP" button at the top of the construction page.