Where are you going this year?

Enthusiast coaster & amusement park chatter about whatever. If it's not about coasters & parks, it'll go to the garbage file. Keep it on-topic and flame-retardant, please.

Moderator: illinois

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Where are you going this year?

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:31 am

With parks opening up left and right for the 2016 season where are you going to this year?

Of course Bond and I are headed to SFSTL (going in a few weeks for Fireball's media day next) and SFGAM.

Our big trip has been in the planning stages for 16 years..namely when Bond can drive (he goes for his license in one week) as it is a long ass haul and has a little personal connection for me...Texas. I spent a couple of my best years growing up on the west side of Houston with some amazing people I am still friends with years later. Most of them have moved away (all but one) but even though I have wanted to show Bond the beaches of Galveston, the McDonalds where I used to work, my high school (it is bigger than most of my town that I live in), what is now a field where I used to ride coasters (Astroworld), the stretch of interstate where I rode home on the hood of a friends car and a few other things. On this big ass trip we are going to hit Magic Springs, Kemah Boardwalk (I went to a prom there before they added rides) the Galveston Historic Pleasure Pier, ZDT's, SFFT (never been), SFOT and maybe a kiddie coaster on the way home in rural Kansas along with a couple of stops at Whataburger.

I think we might have an end of summer Indiana Beach trip as a refurbished Tig'rr is calling me.

Of course we are going to be at Daredevil Daze and as I am the ACE rep we will be at Coaster Christmas at SDC.

So where are you going?

Have fun!

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

Greg
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Am I negative?

Re: Where are you going this year?

Post by Greg » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:08 pm

Coasters are still a passion of mine, but I'm no longer basing my travels around them, at least not this season. The places I'm most looking forward to spending time this season are Busch Stadium and the Upper West Side of Manhattan. Sure I'll visit SFSL numerous times (5 so far) as well as SDC and possibly KI. Happy travels everyone.
Greg

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by Vonni » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:20 am

Six Flags St. Louis, and Adventureland are both for sure. Possibilities for Worlds of Fun and Silver Dollar City. A weak possibility for Holiday World and Kentucky Kingdom.

bratman
Park Owner
Custom Title: Destroyer Of Rides

Post by bratman » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:28 pm

Hmmm ok here goes:

Local parks Centreville and Canada's Wonderland numerous times.

La Ronde at the bare minimum for the ACE event in May, with the option to return later as I will have a seasons pass.

The big June trip : Michigan's Adventure, Worlds Of Fun, Adventureland, and then Coaster Con at SFSL and Holiday World, followed by ACE events at Kentucky Kingdom and Beech Bend.

Morey's Piers in August for their ACE event.

Possibility of Dollywood in October but that will be dependent on a number of factors.

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by Vonni » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:23 am

^ When will you be at WOF?

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:13 pm

Vonni you should join us all at Adventureland in June.
Life is short....have fun!

bratman
Park Owner
Custom Title: Destroyer Of Rides

Post by bratman » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:31 pm

Vonni wrote:^ When will you be at WOF?
We will be there Wednesday June 15

Spencerman
Ride Operator

Post by Spencerman » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:53 pm

I am certainly visiting Adventureland, and it's likely we'll be going to Coaster Christmas at SDC again this year. Other plans haven't been made yet.

mikeau98
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by mikeau98 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:27 pm

Already visited Dollywood (opening weekend) and just visisted SFoG yesterday.

I'll be doing Spring Con (Family Kingdom, Carowinds), Dollywood add-on, and Pavilion Park.
Rip Roarin' Rampage at Alabama Adventure
Maybe HoliWood Nights
Skipping Con but will do some add-ons, Kentucky Kingdom and Beech Bend.
Lagoon for Preservation Con (might add-on some things here)
Universal/Busch Gardens, Sea World for Halloween.

That is all I got for now.

dare-to-fly
Park Management
Custom Title: Biggest fan ever of violakat03

Post by dare-to-fly » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:57 pm

Kat and I are hoping to do Con and hopefully the add-ons before and after. I'm wanting to get to WoF for sure since I've never been there. I'd also like to get Kat back to Michigan's Adventure to get the rest of her missing credits and see if they've actually let Timbers go to hell in a handbasket or if that's just a rumor. We'll also make a couple trips to Dollywood. I want to do Kings Dominion and Six Flags America if possible, as well as Great Adventure. Those are what come to mind for now.

Johnlloyd
Kiddie Rider
Custom Title: Canada's Wonderland is my home park!

Post by Johnlloyd » Thu May 12, 2016 6:49 pm

I am definitely going (and have been to) my home park, Canada's Wonderland! I also plan on going back to Kings Island in late June or early July. The last time I was there was July 2014 and had a great time, so I look forward to going back! I may go to another park that I haven't been to such as Michigan's Adventure possibly in August but, that may be put off until next year. 8)

CoasterCale
Kiddie Rider

Post by CoasterCale » Wed May 25, 2016 8:16 am

I feel like I've answered these questions already but will gladly do so again. I've already been to SFDK, Santa Cruz Beach/Boardwalk, SFStL, SFOG, Dollywood, KI, and SFGAm so far this season. This weekend I will be in Canada visiting Wonderland and La Ronde. June will bring HW, KK, WOF, Scliterbahn, Dollywood (For Lightning Rod), KK again, Beech Bend, and Indiana Beach. Adventureland and Arnold's in July. August will likely be VF!, MiA, and Little Amerricka. October will be CP, KI, and SFGAm. SFStL, and Dollywood once again will happen in November. Finally I will end 2016 with SFA and BGW.
15 parks and counting!!!

Raptor29
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Brother of Millennium Force!

Post by Raptor29 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:14 am

I don't currently have anything planned, but once I get my license, some friends and I might head out to Michigan's Adventure for a day sometime.
Always stay true to your heart.

If your heart is coasters, never stop riding!

sandy420
Kiddie Rider

Post by sandy420 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:06 am

Paul Drabek wrote:With parks opening up left and right for the 2016 season where are you going to this year?

Of course Bond and I are headed to SFSTL (going in a few weeks for Fireball's media day next) and SFGAM.

Our big trip has been in the planning stages for 16 years..namely when Bond can drive (he goes for his license in one week) as it is a long ass haul and has a little personal connection for me...Texas. I spent a couple of my best years growing up on the west side of Houston with some amazing people I am still friends with years later. Most of them have moved away (all but one) but even though I have wanted to show Bond the beaches of Galveston, the McDonalds where I used to work, my high school (it is bigger than most of my town that I live in), what is now http://www.comparateur-mutuelle-assurance-sante.com a field where I used to ride coasters (Astroworld), the stretch of interstate where I rode home on the hood of a friends car and a few other things. On this big ass trip we are going to hit Magic Springs, Kemah Boardwalk (I went to a prom there before they added rides) the Galveston Historic Pleasure Pier, ZDT's, SFFT (never been), SFOT and maybe a kiddie coaster on the way home in rural Kansas along with a couple of stops at Whataburger.

I think we might have an end of summer Indiana Beach trip as a refurbished Tig'rr is calling me.

Of course we are going to be at Daredevil Daze and as I am the ACE rep we will be at Coaster Christmas at SDC.

hello!! for this years just want to go back to my native island and take some rest.
thanks!!

So where are you going?

Have fun!

Paul

Hikaru-chan
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Theatre Nut!

Post by Hikaru-chan » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:53 pm

Well, since I'm late to the party I guess I can't say where I'm going this year, so how about a recap? In May, I went to BGT just a little before Cobra's Curse opened up. Mostly I've been checking out stuff in my area- took a trip to Stone Mountain, the Zoo, Botanical Garden, Dragon Con and of course my home park SFoG. I actually just got back from a week-long Orlando trip did WDW and USO.