Indiana Beach Quality Check

Enthusiast coaster & amusement park chatter about whatever. If it's not about coasters & parks, it'll go to the garbage file. Keep it on-topic and flame-retardant, please.

Moderator: illinois

jamesland7
Kiddie Rider

Indiana Beach Quality Check

Post by jamesland7 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:06 pm

Has anyone been to Indiana Beach in the last few years? I've been hearing absolutely horrible things about the way its being run and kept up. That saddens me because it was one of my 5 favorite parks (along with Knoebels, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Great Adventure, and Kennywood) However, I also know that most of the GP never really understood the appeal of IB and wanted it to be another super family friendly park like Holiday World. So I take reviews of the Beach with a grain of salt. Has anybody on here that also used to love Indiana Beach been recently that could comment on the park's current state?

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Re: Indiana Beach Quality Check

Post by Paul Drabek » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:54 pm

I have heard from numerous people (Waterboy being one) that Indiana Beach had been run into the ground and was on several people's death watch as parks go. I'm hoping to go next year to see how the new owners take care of it. Hopefully all three of the woodies get some serious TLC this winter as they have needed it.
Life is short....have fun!