Indiana Beach Sold!

Enthusiast coaster & amusement park chatter about whatever. If it's not about coasters & parks, it'll go to the garbage file. Keep it on-topic and flame-retardant, please.

Moderator: illinois

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Indiana Beach Sold!

Post by Paul Drabek » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:46 pm

Word is Apex Partners have purchased Indiana Beach! I say good as the last owner really went out of their way to alienate the local community. Also this explains why the new for 2015 wave pool never happened.

Here is a little info on the purchase.

Things might be looking up in Monticello. :-)
Life is short....have fun!

jamesland7
Kiddie Rider

Re: Indiana Beach Sold!

Post by jamesland7 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:12 pm

Ha, wish I'd seen this before I posted that new topic. I really hope Apex "gets" Indiana Beach and helps it keep that seedy carnival underbelly charm. And hopefully they know what it takes to operate a slightly larger park than its looking like most of their other properties are.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:21 pm

Hey JamesLand7 welcome to the forums. I completely hope that Apex gets IB as well. Now I did like how the park was spruced up with some paint and new siding and the sort under the previous owners as it was needed but I hated how they moved the YoYo off of the pier and onto land and how they were running the coasters into the ground with little maintenance. Also Morgan really seemed intent to piss off all the locals which is really a bad idea in a market like that. I just want the coasters running great and IB to keep it's boardwalk charm.

I am curious if this means the wave pool and slides are out. Honestly I think that would be a great addition there.

Have fun!

Paul

jamesland7
Kiddie Rider

Post by jamesland7 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:46 pm

The last time I visited, they had moved the yoyo back to that pier at the edge of the park. I would honestly love to see Hoosier Hurricane get a Rocky Mountain makeover if they could work it logistically somehow. As currently designed, its really just not a very good coaster. No airtime and a brutal set of brakes. ...and a 2nd train on Cornball!

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:37 pm

HH has had some air when it was running well but a little track work and maybe a slight reprofile might add a little fun to it.