Is this the end of Holiday World's Ownership Legal Issues?

Enthusiast coaster & amusement park chatter about whatever. If it's not about coasters & parks, it'll go to the garbage file. Keep it on-topic and flame-retardant, please.

Moderator: illinois

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Is this the end of Holiday World's Ownership Legal Issues?

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:52 am

Appeals Court sides with widow in Holiday World ownership dispute
The Indiana Appeals Court laid the groundwork for a Koch family makeup with a ruling Thursday that appears to end the family’s bitter, three-year feud over control of Holiday World.

The ruling allows Lori Koch, the widow of former Holiday World President Will Koch, to retain her controlling interest in the southern Indiana amusement park.
I hope this is the last of this case so every member of the Koch family can move on. Family squabbles suck and then throw millions of dollars on top of it and control of a hugely successful business and it gets exponentially worse.
Only another appeal to the Indiana Supreme Court can prolong the legal fight at this point. Now that the appeals court has denied their appeal, neither Dan Koch nor his Evansville attorney offered a comment on what they’re thinking of doing next.

I understand Dan fighting for what he feels is right but at some point you've got to let it go, at let it go for the family.

Throughout this entire ordeal I have just kept Mrs Koch in my prayers as her position has to be tough. Besides one day I'd like to see her walking around the park sweeping.

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Re: Is this the end of Holiday World's Ownership Legal Issue

Post by Vonni » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:12 pm

I have a feeling its not over, as much as I would like for it to be.