For Everyone Coming To Daredevil Daze

Enthusiast coaster & amusement park chatter about whatever. If it's not about coasters & parks, it'll go to the garbage file. Keep it on-topic and flame-retardant, please.

Moderator: illinois

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

For Everyone Coming To Daredevil Daze

Post by Paul Drabek » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:09 pm

Hey all;

Saturday is by far the best day of the year to visit Six Flags St. Louis! Why you ask? Being right before Fright Fest the crowds should be nonexistent, we get ERT on ALL of the coasters that night, we get an Eagle walk back but most importantly it is the Annual Negative-G Family Reunion! Yep I am totally psyched to be hanging out with you all.

So for those who are coming how about we plan on meeting up at the fountains just inside of the gate at opening. As usual we'll all roam the park taking over ride after ride. The kids will roll down the hill as usual. In the evening we'll head out to Los Nopales for dinner before returning to SFStL for an evening of exclusive ride time!

As of now here's who I have heard are coming:

1. Me
2. Carrie
3. Bond
4. Greg
5. Rohan
6. Ryder
7. Illinois Mike
8. Dicegods
9. Beth
10. Kevin
11. Allie
12. Daniel
13. Waterboy
14. Mike E.
15. Rayne E.
16. Elizabeth E.
17. Jenny E.
18. Corey BobbalishBobbulus & 3 Friends

Who else is coming? CoasterJedi?

See you all at opening. If you're going to be late send me a PM and I'll give you my phone number.

Have Fun!

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

CptBeeble
Ride Operator
Custom Title: My body isn't a temple, it's an amusement park.

Re: For Everyone Coming To Daredevil Daze

Post by CptBeeble » Wed Sep 18, 2013 5:55 am

Is this always the weekend before Fright Fest? I totally want to do this next year.

CoasterJedi
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by CoasterJedi » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:36 pm

Yes Paul we will be at daredevil daze. We will probably arriving at at the park right before launch because we have the homecoming parade that morning.

Greg
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Am I negative?

Post by Greg » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Also, who is planning on diner at El Nopal? The boys and I will probably sit this out as it's too long of a day and we will come home to rest. I'll still call the restaurant and let them know.
Greg

Waterboy
Ride Operator
Custom Title: Make me WET!

Post by Waterboy » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Dinner for me.

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by Vonni » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:39 pm

So, how was DDD everyone?

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:46 pm

Vonni wrote:So, how was DDD everyone?
It was insanely fun and EPIC!!! There were so many fun and hilarious things it's going to be hard to figure out what to write about when I do the trip report in a week or so.

A few highlights:

Went to Greg's Friday night and soon after we got there his youngest son Ryder walked through the kitchen clutching a stuffed chicken. Carrie mentioned that it was a nice chicken to which he responded "I'm choking my chicken" and it went downhill from there.

Backyard baseball kept us from bocce this year but it was as much fun. I knocked the ball out of the park but still had to smash my way through Greg and Mike to get home.

Saturday we had a great crowd including Corey . We wandered the park having fun. I asked Dave at lunch if he could take us up to check put the Hannibarrels. He agreed but asked that none of the photos be published which I can understand as bad as it looks up there. Night time ERT was a blast and having all the coasters for it was sweet.

Got some sweet photos and video (playing around with adding video trip reports to the site) of the Eagle during the Walkback. Unfortunately I also got about fifty chugged bites on my right leg...anyone have a bone saw because the itching is still driving me nuts.

I tried the Boomerang and it sucked. Riding a boomerang with a stomach full of Mexican food is a bad idea.

Speaking of Mexican Food El Nopal has a new location with the same amazing food. Fun was had by all?

Bond while walking up the boss' queue in the dark jumped out and scared the crap out of Elizabeth and Allie...he ran...they chased him down...Elizabeth flew through the air and landed on him...hilarious.

We had a blast riding and had even more fun hanging out with everyone. I can't wait for Daredevil Daze 2014.

jk1w
Over 52"

Post by jk1w » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:28 pm

What was is it like to see the old hannibarrels ride in its current state? Could you walk on to the ride and such and look at the cars?

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by Vonni » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:30 pm

Paul Drabek wrote:
Vonni wrote:So, how was DDD everyone?
It was insanely fun and EPIC!!! There were so many fun and hilarious things it's going to be hard to figure out what to write about when I do the trip report in a week or so.

A few highlights:

Went to Greg's Friday night and soon after we got there his youngest son Ryder walked through the kitchen clutching a stuffed chicken. Carrie mentioned that it was a nice chicken to which he responded "I'm choking my chicken" and it went downhill from there.

Backyard baseball kept us from bocce this year but it was as much fun. I knocked the ball out of the park but still had to smash my way through Greg and Mike to get home.

Saturday we had a great crowd including Corey . We wandered the park having fun. I asked Dave at lunch if he could take us up to check put the Hannibarrels. He agreed but asked that none of the photos be published which I can understand as bad as it looks up there. Night time ERT was a blast and having all the coasters for it was sweet.

Got some sweet photos and video (playing around with adding video trip reports to the site) of the Eagle during the Walkback. Unfortunately I also got about fifty chugged bites on my right leg...anyone have a bone saw because the itching is still driving me nuts.

I tried the Boomerang and it sucked. Riding a boomerang with a stomach full of Mexican food is a bad idea.

Speaking of Mexican Food El Nopal has a new location with the same amazing food. Fun was had by all?

Bond while walking up the boss' queue in the dark jumped out and scared the crap out of Elizabeth and Allie...he ran...they chased him down...Elizabeth flew through the air and landed on him...hilarious.

We had a blast riding and had even more fun hanging out with everyone. I can't wait for Daredevil Daze 2014.

I'm so glad to hear all the good news! I hope I can make it next year too!

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:33 pm

jk1w wrote:What was is it like to see the old hannibarrels ride in its current state? Could you walk on to the ride and such and look at the cars?
We got all around the ride platform and on the cars. Some of them still spun while others were rusted. The wood part of the station floor was pretty rotten and everything metal was rusted as hell. There were doors on a few of the cars. None of their seats remained as they had all rotten away.

Like I said earlier it looked so bad that Dave asked us not to publish any of my photos.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:35 pm

Oh TNT and the rest of the American Thunder crew were EPIC. They really kicked ass working hard and fast to get the trains out and had fun getting everyone pumped. IMHO they were the best ERT crew EVER of all of the events that I have been to. Good job guys.

Have fun!

TNT
Over 48"

Post by TNT » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:47 pm

Paul Drabek wrote:Oh TNT and the rest of the American Thunder crew were EPIC. They really kicked ass working hard and fast to get the trains out and had fun getting everyone pumped. IMHO they were the best ERT crew EVER of all of the events that I have been to. Good job guys.

Have fun!
Thanks, we tried to make it as fun as possible. :D