The Boss Redone Rocky Mountain Style...What would you do?

Enthusiast coaster & amusement park chatter about whatever. If it's not about coasters & parks, it'll go to the garbage file. Keep it on-topic and flame-retardant, please.

Moderator: illinois

bartmantwo
Kiddie Rider

Re: The Boss Redone Rocky Mountain Style...What would you do

Post by bartmantwo » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:13 pm

I'd like to see a retracking of the original track and some good coaster trains.

TNT
Over 48"

Post by TNT » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:24 pm

bartmantwo wrote:I'd like to see a retracking of the original track and some good coaster trains.
The Boss gets huge sections retracked every year just to keep it in the condition that it is in. If you ride the Boss and stare at the track not only can you see were the new track is but you can feel it(Yes I have done this). Dave told me that they begin work on the Boss as soon as the park closes for the season. The trains are a big reason the ride is rough, but putting new trains on the Boss won't bring in new customers and Boss will still have its old reputation as being rough and abusive. The time for new trains would have been about 5 years ago.

dare-to-fly
Park Management
Custom Title: Biggest fan ever of violakat03

Post by dare-to-fly » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:27 pm

I'm not even objectionable to the current trains. It's so rare to find a wooden coaster with no seat belts these days, that I'm fine with keeping it as is.

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by Vonni » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:17 pm

I like the name "New Boss" or "The New Boss"

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:13 pm

No new boss...I when I hear that I think of the Who's "Don't Get Fooled Again".

"Here comes the new boss...the same as the old boss". No old Boss if we're going new then go NEW!
Life is short....have fun!

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by Vonni » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:44 am

I just got to thinking....I'm starting to feel like this is the Bizarro rumor all over again. You guys remember that from last year? Well in case you didnt hear, last year around spring time there was a very strong, and almost confirmed rumor that SFStL was getting SFGAd Bizarro. As you all can tell that did not come true. So I'm starting to think an RMC makeover of The Boss is not going to happen after all. I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer by all means, its just I got my hopes up before and was completely let down (in the form of a Boomerang none the less) so I'm just not going to expect this to be true either. As sad as that makes me.

CptBeeble
Ride Operator
Custom Title: My body isn't a temple, it's an amusement park.

Post by CptBeeble » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:47 am

How sad is it that your highest hopes for your home park are getting coaster A from some other park rather than coaster B?

Still - the letdown must've sucked.

I would be REALLY surprised if anyone outside of SF gets an Iron Horse makeover for awhile. I'm thinking that RMC is basically split into two divisions: makeover division and from-scratch division. The company just isn't big enough *yet* to do multiple projects in each division each year. This is all speculation, of course.

So if rumors are true, Medusa at SFMex and Colossus at SFMM are the next two re-do jobs. There's your 2014 and 2015 right there. The bigger question is who will get the next Outlaw Run style coaster...