Daredevil Daze 2012

Enthusiast coaster & amusement park chatter about whatever. If it's not about coasters & parks, it'll go to the garbage file. Keep it on-topic and flame-retardant, please.

Moderator: illinois

johnny.ink
Ride Operator
Custom Title: Negative G Charity Coordinator & Engine Man

Re: Daredevil Daze 2012

Post by johnny.ink » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:26 am

CoasterDemon wrote: I spent the night ERT on Boss. After Gump and I RAN to Ninja (had to give it a courtesy ride - then got a *bonus* front seat ride) then across the park to Boss, everyone was apparently at Screamin' Eagle. I couldn't hoof it over there, so I sat on Boss for about 8 rides. At one point, they made us move to the front - as the ride has weight distribution problems. For the last ride, they called some ride ops to come up so the train would make it around (there were only about 3 coaster geeks left). At that point, I asked if it would be OK if I went back to the back. So my last ride on Boss was 5 people up front, and me in the back alone. That was cool! It's one of my new current favorites. That bad boy was flying at night!
That was fun. I actually "girled out" (sorry ladies... :lol: ) as Boss was giving my back some compression, or at least that's what it felt like. 8 times in a row on that was fun, but enough...

I went over to Eagle, got like 4-5 rides in the back on that, and had me some hot cocoa and churros. Draven had a slurpee because secretly he's an idiot. Shhh... Don't tell anyone, but I think he takes after his dad. :mrgreen:

CoasterDemon
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by CoasterDemon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:34 am

Ha! So - they had hot cocoa, churros and slurpees over at Screamin' Eagle?

Gump
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Park Management, Hey I'll get it one way or another.

Post by Gump » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:40 am

johnny.ink wrote:
CoasterJedi wrote:
You won't regret the ACE membership! We have saved a lot of money on travel expenses and been able to do some really cool, once-in-a-lifetime things with ACE that we never would have experienced on our own.

It was nice meeting you and Draven too!
Thanks! It was really cool to meet all of you as well. We had a blast.

Too bad we didn't get a pic of the 4 of us mooses at Scooby Doo. We almost capsized the thing trying to beat each other :)
That was an awesome Scooby Doo ride! Prob the most scared I've been purely because of the capsizing lol!!!!

Demon you're the man! Johnny.ink You freaking rock! I had a super fun time, and I got Zen rides on Ninja. Yeah I said it, and I liked them.

johnny.ink
Ride Operator

Post by johnny.ink » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Gump wrote: Demon you're the man! Johnny.ink You freaking rock! I had a super fun time, and I got Zen rides on Ninja. Yeah I said it, and I liked them.
Thanks man. It was cool to meet all you guys. You all made Draven and I feel very welcome and we appreciated it. You ever come up to Great America PM me and lemme know and I'll meet up with you at the park!

And Gump - Ninja IS the black belt of roller coasters!

CoasterDemon
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by CoasterDemon » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:34 pm

Gump wrote: That was an awesome Scooby Doo ride! Prob the most scared I've been
Nah... I saw you *really* scared on Sky Screamer :shock: (Not that I wasn't holding on for dear life and sweating myself.)

Gump
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by Gump » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:18 am

CoasterDemon wrote:
Gump wrote: That was an awesome Scooby Doo ride! Prob the most scared I've been
Nah... I saw you *really* scared on Sky Screamer :shock: (Not that I wasn't holding on for dear life and sweating myself.)
:lol: :lol: You were holding on pretty tight. I just kept thinking I hope this thing doesn't break like the windseekers do.

Gump
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by Gump » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:19 am

:lol: :lol: You were holding on pretty tight. I just kept thinking I hope this thing doesn't break like the windseekers do.

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by Vonni » Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:55 pm

I cant get up the nerve to do Skyscreamers and Windseekers. Too high lol! I do just about any coaster, but drop towers, and Skyscreamers are a little out of my league lol!

johnny.ink
Ride Operator

Post by johnny.ink » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:20 pm

The new one at Six Flags Arlington looks bad ass, but a tad sketchy. Same as Sky Screamer, but the Texas Sky Screamer goes 400 feet up. I'd do it, but, man, that's a little high :shock:

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by Vonni » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:12 pm

Right! 400 feet on a coaster is nothing, but on a flat ride, thats another story lol!

johnny.ink
Ride Operator

Post by johnny.ink » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Vonni wrote:Right! 400 feet on a coaster is nothing, but on a flat ride, thats another story lol!
I didn't say I wouldn't do it. Just - uh, it's sketchy! :mrgreen:

CoasterDemon
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by CoasterDemon » Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:39 pm

Very sketchy. I wasn't aware that the Sky Screamer sped up when it got to the top. Definitely cool but very *thrilling* and scary as crap for a split second :shock:

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by Vonni » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:23 pm

How fast is the one at SFOT supposed to go? The one at SFStL goes 40 (I believe?).

johnny.ink
Ride Operator

Post by johnny.ink » Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:25 am

Vonni wrote:How fast is the one at SFOT supposed to go? The one at SFStL goes 40 (I believe?).
Vonni - they only state that it goes up 400 feet, so I'll assume it goes 40 mph up there, but it is always sensationalized in your head

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:06 am

IMHO Windseeker doesn't feel like it goes as high as Sky Screamer even though it's a hundred feet taller.

I'd do the 400 foot model. Honestly after I get over the initial fear of hanging from chains no bigger than those in a backyard swing I don't notice the height much.

Have fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!