A Beer Garden At Kennywood?

Enthusiast coaster & amusement park chatter about whatever. If it's not about coasters & parks, it'll go to the garbage file. Keep it on-topic and flame-retardant, please.

Moderator: illinois

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

A Beer Garden At Kennywood?

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:47 pm

From the sounds of it sometime in the near future there might be a beer garden at Kennywood.
"Our plans to establish a beer garden will be done in a responsible manner that will maintain our family-friendly atmosphere. Kennywood would be just one of many family-friendly venues that cater to children and families while offering beer to responsible adults. We plan to offer the sale and consumption of beer in one specific area to ensure a controlled and family-friendly environment. As always, the safety of our guests and team members will be our main priority."
I spent many summer nights during college hanging out at a beer garden so I have a fondness for them. The only way I could imagine a beer garden being perfect would be sitting with your friends in the shade while summer blows through your hair, sound of coasters off in the distance and a cold beer in your hand.

Dear Six Flags, Cedar Fair and even Holiday World...most amusement parks started out as an extension of beer gardens so please bring beer gardens back into the park.

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

kidcoaster
Park Management
Custom Title: FEAR IS GOOD

Re: A Beer Garden At Kennywood?

Post by kidcoaster » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:46 am

They tested selling beer in the park last fall and it proved to be a success so makes sense to bring it in for the whole season and sounds like they are doing this right by having a seperate area for this just wish more parks would follow this example (St. Pattys Day or an Oktoberfest area at HW :wink: )