Hard Rock Park SOLD!!!

Enthusiast coaster & amusement park chatter about whatever. If it's not about coasters & parks, it'll go to the garbage file. Keep it on-topic and flame-retardant, please.

Moderator: illinois

bratman
Park Owner
Custom Title: Destroyer Of Rides

Re: Hard Rock Park Saved!!!

Post by bratman » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:24 pm

Excellent news :D

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:09 am

Thank God we've got some good news about a park. Now if only we can find out suddenly that Conneaut is opening. Still I'm curious if they are going to keep the Hard Rock names?

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

kidcoaster
Park Management
Custom Title: FEAR IS GOOD

Post by kidcoaster » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:09 pm

^ Doubt it. The Last owners were paying I thought I heard 50 million for the names. I am sure the new owners will not want to put out that much for something that did not work. Hope that they change the park to more for familys.

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:34 pm

Yeah, I have a feeling like a plenty of attractions at Hard Rock Park should get more bigger fun for families, since everyone loves music, no matter how big or small you are. : )

Add: So glad to hear as Hard Rock Park was luckily saved.
Last edited by NL_IS_AWESOME on Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kidcoaster
Park Management
Custom Title: FEAR IS GOOD

Post by kidcoaster » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:07 am

Judge approves sale of SC's Hard Rock Park
15 hours ago

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (AP) — A federal bankruptcy judge on Tuesday approved the sale of Hard Rock Park for $25 million to investors who want to reopen it by the end of May.

Judge Kevin Carey approved the sale during a hearing in Delaware, said FPI MB Entertainment LLC, a conglomerate of investors including a Russian development company, two founders of the original Hard Rock Park, and an outfit that manages other theme parks.

"We look forward to the finalization of the sale, beginning our march to reopening the park Memorial Day weekend and making sure the park is a long-term success," said Alex Sidnev, managing partner in Moscow-based MT Development, whose Freestyle Park International division is one of the investors.

The sale, which is to close by 5 p.m. Thursday, is expected to end months of wrangling over the amusement park's future.

The $400 million, 55-acre rock 'n' roll theme park opened last April and was the biggest single investment ever in South Carolina tourism. But experts said it couldn't have picked a worse time to open because of a drop in tourism spawned by rising gas prices, ripples from the recession and the credit crisis.

It closed in September when the company filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection and went up for auction, but no bidder who could pay at least $35 million emerged.

The company converted to Chapter 7 last month so assets could be liquidated to pay creditors.

Court documents say the company's preparations for reopening will include adding rides and designing new attractions and shows.

The company said it is comprised of Freestyle Park International; Roundbox Advisors; Baker Leisure Group, a Florida-based company that has done work for The Walt Disney Co. and Six Flags; and local investors, including Thomas Hiles and D. Tim Duncan, who helped found the park.

In making his decision, the judge overruled the objection of a second potential buyer, Coastal Entertainment, which had bid $25.5 million, saying the company came to the court too late.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... QD96DM3A00

This is exciting I need to take a trip down there this summer, just in case.

NL_IS_AWESOME
Park Owner

Re: Hard Rock Park SOLD!!!

Post by NL_IS_AWESOME » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:56 pm

Led Zeppelin's another soul - coming back now.