Let's Chat.

Enthusiast coaster & amusement park chatter about whatever. If it's not about coasters & parks, it'll go to the garbage file. Keep it on-topic and flame-retardant, please.

Moderator: illinois

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Let's Chat.

Post by Paul Drabek » Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:47 pm

Hey All;

Do you want to talk about amusement parks, theme parks, roller coasters & rides? Well this is the place for it. From die hard enthusiasts to someone with a simple question feel free to post away.

Have Fun

Paul Drabek

DresdenOberst
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Redneck Coaster Nerd

New to site

Post by DresdenOberst » Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:24 pm

I can not wait to go to SFOG this year. Goliath should be awesome, having rode Nitro at SFGADV, I hope this ride is every bit as good.

I have been monitoring this site for a while now and Paul it looks like we have a lot in common. My favorite park has always been Ghost Town in the Sky, Maggie Valley NC. I really like traditional parks and Lake Winnie is one of my favorites.
Riding and Rolling all the day through.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Sat Feb 18, 2006 3:02 pm

Hey DresdenOberst;

Welcome to the boards.

One of the things I love about traditional parks is that you can have so much more fun at tham compared to the hyper-mega theme park where you spend most of your day waiting in line. Take my last visit to Lake Winnie. We were there for just four hours but it felt like a whole day because we did so much.

By the way is there any news about Ghost Town? I have always wanted to go there because it looks like a neat little park and it would be nice if someone would open it again.

Have Fun

Paul

douggie
Kiddie Rider

Post by douggie » Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:42 pm

Hi Paul
Thanks for bring forums to -G
I have followed your site for quite sometime now and love the construction updates.
Keep up the good work

Douggie in UK

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:45 pm

Hey Douggie;

Thanks for the vote of confidence and I'll keep adding to the site. Feel free to post or reply here whenever you want as it'd be nice to have a prespective fcrom across the pond.

Have Fun

Paul

Tour2ma
Kiddie Rider
Custom Title: Just lookin' for one more Nickel-Night reride...

Post by Tour2ma » Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:57 am

Paul,

Pleasure meeting you on the KY Rumbler's platform this past Sunday. Thanks for mentioning and inviting me to join your new forum.

FYI, I'm the bearded guy who asked you if you were "ravenrider".
More later,

Tour

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:59 am

Tour2ma wrote:Paul,

Pleasure meeting you on the KY Rumbler's platform this past Sunday. Thanks for mentioning and inviting me to join your new forum.

FYI, I'm the bearded guy who asked you if you were "ravenrider".
It was great meeting you as well and welcome to the forums.

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

RampageFanatic
Kiddie Rider

Post by RampageFanatic » Sun Jun 25, 2006 4:58 am

I am new to these forums but have been loving your site for a long time. I once sent you an email! I was asking about NoLimits passkey things! I am so amazed that I get to communcate with the Paul Drabek! I hardly got any sleep last night because I am going to Alabama Adeventure (formerly know as Visionland) today to see if they have improved. They have their log flume running that hasn't been running for the past 2 1/2 years or something. I can't wait to get on some CCI goodness: The Rampage. You should come down here sometime Mr. Drabek. I want to play "coaster" with Bond! Yes, I am a little kid at heart. Too bad CCI is gone-gone. :( Anyway thank you very very very much for making the best coaster site ever!

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:15 am

Hey RampageFanatic;

Welcome to the -G forums. We're pretty casual around here so please don't call me Mr. I'm just Paul and just a regular guy like everyone else.

Have Fun at Visionland or whatever they call it now. One of these years I want to get down there.

Have Fun

Paul

RampageFanatic
Kiddie Rider

Post by RampageFanatic » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:32 pm

Well I'm just a kid so It's manners to cal you Mr. Drabek but if you insist I'll call you Paul. just wondering, when will they SFOG 2006 photos be up?

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:45 pm

I'm hopiing to get down there in October so not until after then.

Have Fun

Paul

Sora
Ride Operator

Post by Sora » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:53 am

Hello Paul,

I was wondering where you got pictures and information on the Cedar Point Cyclone? I have the book 'Harry G. Traver: Legends of terror' but those photos don't show the middle section, or the bunny hops at the end of your excellent and fun recreation. I'm hoping to do an RCT recreation. Oh, by the way, does the book 'Riverview: Gone, but not forgotten' have photos of the Kiddie Bobs that was replaced by the Flying Turns? That looked like a cool ride too!

Woodpecker;)

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:18 am

Woodpecker wrote:Hello Paul,

I was wondering where you got pictures and information on the Cedar Point Cyclone? I have the book 'Harry G. Traver: Legends of terror' but those photos don't show the middle section, or the bunny hops at the end of your excellent and fun recreation. I'm hoping to do an RCT recreation. Oh, by the way, does the book 'Riverview: Gone, but not forgotten' have photos of the Kiddie Bobs that was replaced by the Flying Turns? That looked like a cool ride too!

Woodpecker;)
I used a bunch of photos from "Cedar Point: Queen Of American Watering Places" to recreate the CP Cyclone. Both of my Riverview books have photos of the Kiddy Bobs but sadly none of its actual layout.

Also Woodpecker welcome to the Negative-G Forums. Feel free to post all you like and remember the number one rule which is: Have Fun

Paul

theo
Kiddie Rider

Post by theo » Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:36 pm

Hey Paul,

I've been visiting your site for a while now and decided to join the forums today, so, hi!

In terms of coasters, I've had a fascination with them from as early as I can remember. Living so close to a great old woodie (the coaster @ playland), I think I had my first 'big' coaster experience when I was six or seven on the Coaster, with plenty of ejector airtime. In the ten years following, it's been a great ride.

All of my parents and siblings are roller coaster riders, albeit they aren't crazy about them like I am. If the coaster's there, they'll ride it, but they won't spend hours on rcdb looking up stats or specs. They are, however, willing to go on 'coaster' trips - not so much for the coasters, but for the family bonding, which I must agree, happens very much when we ride roller coasters together. I guess I'm a very lucky guy.

So, anyways, we got a trip lined up for the last week and a half of August around your area (Holiday World, Kings Island, Indiana Beach, Six Flags GAmerica, Wisconsin Dells). Since you're the expert, have any must-see's or must-do's?

Theo

dandb524
Over 36"

Post by dandb524 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:04 pm

Hi all!

I just found your site a couple of months ago and just joined the forums today. I loved looking at all the photos of parks. My "home" park is SFOG, although I live in Alabama. I just went earlier this month. I love their coasters, but I chickened out about Goliath. Now I wish I hadn't, but when I was there I just couldn't get over the height of it. I have a thing with heights! I just kept watching it and couldn't bring myself to get in line. I will definitely ride it next year!

Brandy