Hidden Lakes "Abandoned Water Parks"

You can't talk coasters ALL the time. Here's the spot for everything else.

Moderator: illinois

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Hidden Lakes "Abandoned Water Parks"

Post by Paul Drabek » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:29 pm

I love music. I have since my earliest years. Albums were always something special to me. From the cool art on the cover to the magical little groves that brought my little suitcase record player to life. The Beatles "Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band" was my first rock non kids album and I remember sitting there in my room holding the sleeve looking at the cover art while John, George, Paul and Ringo played for me. KISS "Double Platinum" was the first album by a band my parents didn't like that I got. It was a double album with a platinum embossed cover and center. It looked so cool and badass to me back in 1979. It was MY music, cover and disc.

Music, albums and cover art still stay with me. I can name the album by a quick glance at the cover. I can name you most of the +7,000 songs on my IPod with just a few notes.

With all of that I have to totally geek out that my photography is on an album cover. The St. Louis based band Hidden Lakes (http://www.hiddenlakesmusic.com) has used one of my photos for their album "Abandoned Water Park". The photo is from my trip to the abandoned Wet Willys Waterslide just outside of St. Louis. The title track is about a place like Wet Willys...somewhere abandoned & forgotten only to become an underground gathering point for teens trying to escape into life.

Give the song a listen hereand check out the rest of Hidden Lakes " Abandoned Water Parks" album here while I'll be here geeking out and enjoying that my photo is gracing CD's and MP3 players along with some really cool music.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428362880.602715.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428362880.602715.jpg (231.6 KiB) Viewed 9881 times
Life is short....have fun!

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Re: Hidden Lakes "Abandoned Water Parks"

Post by Paul Drabek » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:35 pm

johnny.ink
Ride Operator
Custom Title: Negative G Charity Coordinator & Engine Man

Re: Hidden Lakes

Post by johnny.ink » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:36 pm

Congrats. Very cool Paul!

Spencerman
Ride Operator

Re: Hidden Lakes

Post by Spencerman » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:19 pm

That is awesome, Paul! The song is not bad, either.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Re: Hidden Lakes "Abandoned Water Parks"

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:18 pm

Yeah it has an interesting Smiths/TheCure/Ocean Blue feel to it. The band is going to perform at an art gallery in June down in St. Louis and they asked me to display/sell (if anyone wants them) some of my photos of abandoned rides/parks.