What new movies are you enjoying?

You can't talk coasters ALL the time. Here's the spot for everything else.

Moderator: illinois

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

What new movies are you enjoying?

Post by Paul Drabek » Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:31 pm

Hey all;

I'm a movie nut with a ton of DVD's, Blu Rays and of course a ton of stuff in my Netflix queue and DVR. I know I'm not the only movie nut here so how about we post about some of the new movies that we have discovered that others might like.

Red 2: Last night Carrie couldn't sleep so I stayed up way late with her. At 2 am I tuned into Red 2 about half the way through it and wow this was funny and action packed. It is about a bunch of retired CIA/MI6 operatives who get dragged back into some cold war covert ops. The main characters are played by Bruce Willis and John Malkovitch and they really play off each other well. I set the DVR to record the first movie and this one as we missed the beginning. Check them out.

The Hidden Fortress: I had seen this a while ago and just got it on Blu-Ray as it finally came out. This is the movie that Lucas copied when he made Star Wars. It is not sci/fi though as it is set in feudal Japan. The story follows two greedy and ignorant peasants (Lucas turned them into R2D2 and C-3PO) who discover some hidden gold that is the property of a princess whose kingdom was recently overthrown. She and her General get the two to help them smuggle her and her gold into a friendly kingdom through her enemies territory. The story is really great and as a Kurasawa movie the acting and cinematography are amazing. Yes it is all in Jappanese and subtitles but the movie is amazing.

Oh here is a neat Hidden Fortress/Star Wars comparison:

What movies are you watching that we should check out?

Have fun!

Paul
Life is short....have fun!