Nicknames

You can't talk coasters ALL the time. Here's the spot for everything else.

Moderator: illinois

Sora
Ride Operator

Nicknames

Post by Sora » Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:08 am

Do you have a nickname in real life? If so, what is it and how did you get it?

johnny.ink
Ride Operator
Custom Title: Negative G Charity Coordinator & Engine Man

Re: Nicknames

Post by johnny.ink » Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:04 pm

I had the nickname Johnny Ink for years from one job, because that was the job I had where when I started I had no tattoos, and by the time I left, both arms and my entire chest were completely covered in tattoos in 5 years. :)

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by Vonni » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:44 pm

Nickname: Vonni (screen name for just about everything)

Story goes, in High School, when I came out, a friend of mine decided I needed a drag name, even though I had never done drag, and still never have. Well, the actual drag name was slightly inappropriate, even for our site, so I just shortened it to Vonni and everyone started calling me that. Only a couple of friends still do, but I still love it as a screen name. Lol! God that's such a gay story lol!

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:05 pm

Vonni wrote:Real name: Dustin
Nickname: Vonni (screen name for just about everything)

Story goes, in High School, when I came out, a friend of mine decided I needed a drag name, even though I had never done drag, and still never have. Well, the actual drag name was slightly inappropriate, even for our site, so I just shortened it to Vonni and everyone started calling me that. Only a couple of friends still do, but I still love it as a screen name. Lol! God that's such a gay story lol!
Ok I am curious as to what Vonni is short for.

No official nickname for me but I do hear "that loudmouth (or other expletive) from Chicago" a lot at work but that is meant with love as we ALL give each other crap. It makes the day go by quicker.
Life is short....have fun!

Sora
Ride Operator

Post by Sora » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:46 am

I somehow managed to avoid getting a nickname at school, probably because my real name is quite rare, I was resistent to nicknames, and there aren't that many ways to shorten my name anyway. At my first job my boss nicknamed me "Herbs" as I was in charge of ordering them for the supermarket I worked in, but I dropped that when I left. Currently I don't have a nickname but I'm considering having one as people seem to struggle with my real name.

Spencerman
Ride Operator

Post by Spencerman » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:42 pm

I just have names that work with my name. I do have a nickname that only family members know of, because I yelled it in a restaurant once.

Last year I tried to get my teacher to call me Outlaw, after my then favorite coaster. (She and the whole class then laughed, because I'm known to be kind of a "goody goody.")

CptBeeble
Ride Operator
Custom Title: My body isn't a temple, it's an amusement park.

Post by CptBeeble » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:16 pm

I don't really have one now.
I was "Woodstock" to my best friend's "Snoopy" for a bunch of years in early grade school.
I was "Captain Beeble" at a club where I bartended in high school (non-alcoholic, naturally) and that stuck for awhile.

I won't tell you what my fiancé calls me, but I call him "Moose"

Raptor29
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Brother of Millennium Force!

Post by Raptor29 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:17 pm

I've never actually had a consistent nickname, but I used to play Baseball. In my 2nd season, some people started calling me The Bat ( Not the one new for 2014) since it was my speciality.
Always stay true to your heart.

If your heart is coasters, never stop riding!

CptBeeble
Ride Operator
Custom Title: My body isn't a temple, it's an amusement park.

Post by CptBeeble » Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:39 pm

I was referred to by a previous lover as "Daddy" - although he was several years older than me.
It was a moniker of respect and mentorship, as he was brand new to the whole gay lifestyle.
Even had it tattooed on my left arm... and even though the relationship ended, I don't mind the ink being there as I have nothing but good feelings when I see it.
I retired that as a nickname, though.