Regular pet peeves...

You can't talk coasters ALL the time. Here's the spot for everything else.

Moderator: illinois

scooby305
Over 52"
Custom Title: The member formerly known as Scoobywoof83

Regular pet peeves...

Post by scooby305 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:54 pm

I like the park Pet peeves thread, so I figured I'd do a thread on regular pet peeves. What are your top 5?

Here are mine...
1 . Bigots, Racists, etc. Anyone who hates people because of their race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, etc.. I don't hate anyone for those reasons... If I hate someone, it's because they are a big flapping douche bag!

2. People who drive like its a blizzard as soon as they see a few snow flakes. This happens ALL THE TIME. It drives me crazy. Even when snow is coming down pretty good, as long as you are careful you will be fine... no need to drive at 5mph

3. Fake People, I hate when someone is cool when you have 1 on 1 time, but is totally different around other people. Be Yourself, if you're trying to impress people, it will turn the good people away and only attract the bad people.

4. People who argue with no knowledge... I know so many people who are extremely opinionated with no knowledge of the subject. It's like as soon as you bring facts into the discussion, they have nothing to say. It's ok to have strong opinions, but let them be educated opinions.

5. People who don't tip servers. They dont make hardly anything hourly, they live on tips. It's just ignorant!

beastbass
Over 52"
Custom Title: Bass and bass may be spelled the same, but they're pronounced differently.

Re: Regular pet peeves...

Post by beastbass » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:09 pm

The first 4 Scoob pointed out I agree with.

I guess my 5th would be bullies.

CoasterJedi
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by CoasterJedi » Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:01 pm

5. When I’m in a theater, restaurant, etc and the whole place is almost empty and someone sits right next to me! Get out of my bubble!

4. People who crack their knuckles or other joints or feel the need to spit everywhere! The sound makes me gag! *shudders*

3. People who judge others or make a big deal of brands. What are we…still in high school? I don’t care whether your coat is from North Face or not or what brand is your purse.

2. People who judge me based on my life choices. No, I do not drink because I just don’t enjoy the taste of alchol. As long as you don’t drink and drive I have no problem with you drinking, why do certain people in my life always make a big deal about me not wanting to drink? Also when people judge me because I don’t make huge homecooked meals for my husband every night. I work full time too. If he doesn’t want a pizza, he can get off his butt and make a pot roast for himself! Also when my in laws try to pressure me to have kids because they want kiddos around. Has anyone ever been inspired to make a baby because their mother in law demanded it? (Oh Baby come on over here, your mother told me she wants grandkids right now, oh yeah you know what that does to me…)

1. People who are rude to the cashiers/fast food workers/ride operators/etc and feel that they are better than them.

Robbie
Over 52"

Post by Robbie » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:34 pm

OH MY GOSH public spitting makes me want to attack and kill people.

scooby305
Over 52"

Post by scooby305 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:38 am

CoasterJedi wrote: 3. People who judge others or make a big deal of brands. What are we…still in high school? I don’t care whether your coat is from North Face or not or what brand is your purse.
It's not just a purse... it's Prada! lol, sorry, had to.

I totally agree tho. I dealt with that all through high school. I went to school with snotty rich kids who wore Abercrombie, Gap, etc. My parents couldn't afford those things and I got teased at times because I wore clothes from Wal-Mart. I wear what makes me feel comfortable. Even if I was rich I would still probably be a T-shirt and Jeans kinda guy!

CoasterJedi
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by CoasterJedi » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:46 pm

The whole brand thing just bugs me. So many people my age (26) have not outgrown it. I'm a high school teacher and you wouldn't believe how many times I hear other teachers in their 30's or older gossiping because someone is wearing something from Walmart. (Target is okay and wonderful..I never understood that) Or bragging about their purse or coat or shoes and how much they cost. Lame. I've even heard teachers brag to their students or make fun of cheaper brands like Old Nacy.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:58 pm

Here's a big pet peeve...Chew! It is totally nasty and the small of it makes me want to hurl. People who chew should be banished to some island like lepers.

I loathe people who stereotype. For example I am a conservative (Only on financial and security issues) but some people think because I am that I'm a racist, bigot, sexist homophobe.

I'm also annoyed with speed limits on highways and their enforcement. I wanna go fast.

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

scooby305
Over 52"

Post by scooby305 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:03 am

Paul Drabek wrote:
I loathe people who stereotype. For example I am a conservative (Only on financial and security issues) but some people think because I am that I'm a racist, bigot, sexist homophobe.
Paul

I guess the people who think you are a homophobe have never met Waterboy lol

CoasterJedi
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by CoasterJedi » Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:05 pm

I'm the opposite. I'm pretty liberal so people think I am an athesit, a hippie, hate my country or gay.

Sora
Ride Operator

Post by Sora » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:59 am

Paul Drabek wrote:Here's a big pet peeve...Chew! It is totally nasty and the small of it makes me want to hurl. People who chew should be banished to some island like lepers.
What is "Chew"? I assume you don't just mean chewing your food.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:56 am

Chewing Tobacco
Life is short....have fun!

Robbie
Over 52"

Post by Robbie » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:58 am

Every bit as bad as chew is dip. Mainly because of the required spitting, which I think I've mentioned before.

Also, when the person in front of me refuses to go after the light turns green. Why are you in your car if you don't want to get somewhere?

Sora
Ride Operator

Post by Sora » Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:10 am

Robbie wrote:Also, when the person in front of me refuses to go after the light turns green. Why are you in your car if you don't want to get somewhere?
Maybe they've stalled the car.

Robbie
Over 52"

Post by Robbie » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:47 pm

I can forgive car stalling. It happens to everyone. No, I'm talking about the dude who's literally just sitting there staring, or worse, playing with his phone.

scooby305
Over 52"

Post by scooby305 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:16 pm

Woodpecker wrote: Maybe they've stalled the car.
Been there many times... ugh the Joys of learning to drive a stick...