What Are Your Plans For The Off Season

You can't talk coasters ALL the time. Here's the spot for everything else.

Moderator: illinois

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

What Are Your Plans For The Off Season

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:45 pm

Hey all;

Here are my plans for the off season.

1. Get to Thanksgiving as quick as possible. For one reason I'm really in the mood for some turkey, stuffing and of course my favorite Pumpkin Pie. Secondly after Thanksgiving things mellow out at work as there won't be so much mandated over time. A couple of three day weekends in the row would do me good.

2. Get to Christmas. It's fun as heck and awesome food. Nuff Said.

3. Work out as I'm tired of my gut. I've been doing an hour on my ski machine four or five days a week and I think it's been working. I'm down a pound to 226 and my 36 (down from 40 inch a few years ago) inch shorts are starting to be big. My goal is to be around 200...hopefully just under.

4. Get to the end of January. Carrie and I are going to go down to Houston to spend a weekend with one of my best friends from my high school years whom I've reconnected. It'll be awesome to get to hang with her and maybe I'll get to score a little Boardwalk Bullet down there.

5. Work on -G. I have some videos to add to the Old Chicago section and I have to work on the new version of the forum. I know it's been pushed off for a while and it's going to take a bit as I have to figure the coding out mostly by myself and well, I'm clueless about it.

6. Play World of Warcraft. I can finally play again with Carrie because all of my -G updates are done and I know she'll like that.

7. See Indiana Joe. Joe used to be here back when we first started the forum and for the last three years he's been in the UK. He's coming home in a month and I want to hang with him.

8. Make it so the 2011 season gets here as quickly as possible.

So what are you up to this off season?

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

CoasterJedi
Wood Coaster Rider

Re: What Are Your Plans For The Off Season

Post by CoasterJedi » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:54 pm

5. HARRY POTTER!!!! We love HP and will have to go see the new movie and throw a HP party before it comes out.

4. We will probably go to the sculpture park on a nice weekend, see more movies, go bowling.

3 Spending lots of time with our pets , watching Netflix, read, playing Wii.

2. Enjoying Christmas. We will have 17 Christmas trees in our house this year. We go all out with decorating the inside of our home. Not so much with the outside because we live off the main road and nobody sees it. We will go to Silver Dollar City and will go to local small towns for their Christmas events.

1. Working on our house…we bought a three story foreclosed fixer-upper. We just got done re-modeling our master bathroom. All we really need to do is replace the flooring, baseboards, air vent and heater vent and that room will be done.

IndianaJoe
Senior Park Management
Custom Title: Just a Dude.

Post by IndianaJoe » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:16 pm

1. Survive my wife's insane PhD thesis writing. (Apart from playing and keeping Jacob occupied, I'll probably overdose on Minecraft)
2. Get safely back to the states and find temp employment till Kay finds out where we're headed to next. (fingers crossed for Bloomington, Indiana)
3. Reconnect with friends and family alike (that means you too Paul)
4. Move from temporary lodgings (aka family's house) to semi-permanent abodes (Kay's postdoc will last anywhere from 1-2 years)
5. Find new employment. (Hopefully something better than what I'm in at the moment)
6. Begin planning for summer trips and coastercations.
Wile E. Coyote...Suuuuper Genius!

Robbie
Over 52"

Post by Robbie » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:01 pm

1. Eat cake.

2. Walk the cake off. And seek some way of getting cardio aside from walking as I hate winter weather but I really need to keep exercising.

3. Spend more time learning to use the Moog Modular V.

4. Try to finish up a couple of old songs I started a million years ago.

5. Attend some huge hair show in NYC this February. My boss wants me to go. But the cool thing is that we're having a contest at work where I could win the whole trip for free. Air fare, accommodations, meals, FREE. That would be fantastic.

6. Plot and scheme trips for next summer. Including such lovely getaways as Holiday World, Six Flags Great America, Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Over Georgia, Six Flags America, Dollywood, Lake Winnepesaukah.

7. Start shunning Cedar Fair, in order to get a jump on next season.

8. Find an old show that I never watched back in the day and get the DVDs or Netflix/Hulu them. Taking suggestions, btw. Maybe Moonlighting?

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:52 pm

Robbie wrote: 8. Find an old show that I never watched back in the day and get the DVDs or Netflix/Hulu them. Taking suggestions, btw. Maybe Moonlighting?
Here's one for you to watch: Sledge Hammer! It's a great parody of the cop show genre.

Have Fun

Paul

IndianaJoe
Senior Park Management
Custom Title: Just a Dude.

Post by IndianaJoe » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:22 am

I felt I should share a photoshop my friend did. Because it's awesome.

Wile E. Coyote...Suuuuper Genius!

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:19 am

IndianaJoe wrote:I felt I should share a photoshop my friend did. Because it's awesome.

So should we call you "Snake"?

Have Fun

Paul

CoasterJedi
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by CoasterJedi » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:15 pm

I recomend Trailer Park Boys!

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:02 pm

CoasterJedi wrote:I recomend Trailer Park Boys!
Did Bratman turn you on to them as well?

If you haven't seen TPB it's kind of a reverse of the show Cops. Instead of following around the cops they follow around these three idiot criminals. All of the episodes are here.

Corey and Ken here are so Corey and Trevor.

Have Fun

Paul

bratman
Park Owner
Custom Title: Destroyer Of Rides

Post by bratman » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:56 pm

My evil just keeps on spreading! ;)

As for me...

1) I have just wrapped up my vacation, which has taken me to Quebec City (new credit, which I will showcase here soon) for a romantic getaway, and to Montreal. Spent the last few days here with more romance at Niagara-on-the-Lake, wings in Buffalo, and rocking out with my friends in Cherry Suede.

2)Hoping to God I survive Christmas.

3) Hoping to God I survive 4 1/2 months without a coaster.

4)Spending as much time as is possible in Montreal.

5)Ending the off-season with a trip to Florida in April, which will include ACE's Spring Con.