Newcomer to the forums, long-ish time site reader

You can't talk coasters ALL the time. Here's the spot for everything else.

Moderator: illinois

Josh
Kiddie Rider
Custom Title: Crazy for that intensity (hey, that rhymes!)

Newcomer to the forums, long-ish time site reader

Post by Josh » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Josh. I've been an enthusiast since 2012 (X-Flight got me into the whole game), and have lived in Aurora, IL my whole life. My home park is Six Flags Great America, which I always visit at least once a month, and my coaster count overall is 118. Of that count is 28 wooden coasters and 90 steel coasters. My favorite park is Dollywood, favorite coaster is Voyage at Holiday World, favorite steel coaster is X2 at Six Flags Magic Mountain, favorite drop tower is Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout (I'm a drop tower enthusiast, mind you :smile: ), and my favorite dark ride is Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland.

I've actually been reading this site for just over a year and a half. I first met the Drabek family at Daredevil Daze in 2016, and that was a wonderful event. Everyone was so nice, I met a lot of good friends, the Boss walkback tour was great, and I even sat next to Paul on one of my Boss rides. Since then, I've been reading and loving his reports. :D

I feel like I should say some more about myself, but I'll let you guys decide what you want to know about me. Thanks for taking the time to read this, however!

-Josh
Coaster Count - 118
7 Favorite Coasters (in no order) - Voyage, Maverick, Twisted Colossus, Goliath (GAm), X2, Lightning Rod, Storm Chaser

illinoiscoasters.blogspot.com

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Re: Newcomer to the forums, long-ish time site reader

Post by Paul Drabek » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:35 pm

Hey Josh welcome to the fun. Make sure to come and join us for our Wednesday and Sunday night chats. Also post away...sometimes not much happens here but the more people we have jumping in and posting the more conversations we will get going.
Life is short....have fun!

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:38 pm

Hey Josh...sorry about the pink martini glass showing up when you typed your name in. That was for a old user who likes Foofy drinks...so I have changed it to f o o f y (remove spaces) for the pink drink smiley.
Life is short....have fun!

Josh
Kiddie Rider

Post by Josh » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:31 pm

That's completely okay about the martini glass! And I'll be sure to join in! Those chats sound like fun already ;)

(by the way, this is a bit of a random question, but have you guys ever considered doing another California road trip ever since your last visit in 2001?)
Coaster Count - 118
7 Favorite Coasters (in no order) - Voyage, Maverick, Twisted Colossus, Goliath (GAm), X2, Lightning Rod, Storm Chaser

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by Vonni » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:50 am

Welcome Josh! I hope you enjoy it here! I've met some wonderful friends through Paul's site!

bratman
Park Owner
Custom Title: Destroyer Of Rides

Post by bratman » Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

I don't know if you are a member of ACE (like many of us here are), but Coaster Con is in SoCal in 2019. Should be a blast!

Josh
Kiddie Rider

Post by Josh » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:33 pm

^ I am a member of ACE. I met Paul and Bond at the Daredevil Daze event in September 2016. And yep! As a matter of fact, I'm planning on Coaster Con in 2019. I've actually been working on a trip for 2019 for a while that involves almost everything west of Illinois (emphasis on the word almost) where I live.
Coaster Count - 118