Orlando Parks

Questions about the parks you'd like to go to on vacation - What's nearby? Where will you eat? How are the rides? Get your answers here!

Moderator: illinois

Spencerman
Ride Operator

Orlando Parks

Post by Spencerman » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:17 pm

This spring I'm going to Orlando to march in one of Disney's parades. I believe the band is planning on spending a day for each of the Disney Parks, and doing both Universal Parks in one day. We also plan on heading to Cocoa Beach at some point as well. All tips and pointers are appreciated, as I know little about the Orlando parks. Do you guys think it's possible to hit all of the coasters in each park without compromising other experiences?

dare-to-fly
Park Management
Custom Title: Biggest fan ever of violakat03

Re: Orlando Parks

Post by dare-to-fly » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:58 pm

In a word, no. I've spent some time at most of them, and there are still things I'd love to do more thoroughly. I wouldn't miss Revenge of the Mummy at Universal Studios. It was fighting for a spot in my top ten steel this year. It didn't make the list, but was sure fighting hard. I also highly recommend spending some time at Fun Spot. There are two parks, one in Orlando and one in Kissimmee. Both are quite a bit of fun, but the one in Orlando has a really good wooden coaster called White Lightning. It's a small GCI out and back that is a ton of fun, and being as Fun Spot closes at midnight, it makes for a great after-a-day-at-a-busy-park unwind.

PS. The food at both Disney and Universal is expensive, but worth it!

Spencerman
Ride Operator

Post by Spencerman » Tue Feb 16, 2016 7:42 pm

I would love to visit Fun Spot, but since I'm going with the band, we have to follow the pre-made itinerary. I'll be sure to ride Revenge of the Mummy, as it looks awesome.

dare-to-fly
Park Management
Custom Title: Biggest fan ever of violakat03

Post by dare-to-fly » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:24 pm

Spencerman wrote:I would love to visit Fun Spot, but since I'm going with the band, we have to follow the pre-made itinerary. I'll be sure to ride Revenge of the Mummy, as it looks awesome.
You'll enjoy it! Especially if you like launches.