Northwest USA -G Road Trip?

Questions about the parks you'd like to go to on vacation - What's nearby? Where will you eat? How are the rides? Get your answers here!

Moderator: illinois

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Northwest USA -G Road Trip?

Post by Paul Drabek » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:06 am

Hey all;

While bored at work the other day I started thinking about a -G Road Trip out west and my mind came upon doing a Northwest US/Southeast Canada trip. The big parks I want to hit are the Western Washington State Fair in Puyallup (which limits our time frame), Wild Waves, Enchanted Forrest, Silverwood, Playland in Vancouver and anything in between. As the majority of us live quite a ways from there this would require we fly in, rent a car (hopefully a van with a bunch of is in it) in order to tackle these parks. With the added airfare I'd need to save up a bit so what about something like this for 2017? Would you be interested in it and how many parks can we all hit in say a 5-7 day trip? Then how would we have to route such a trip in order to hit as many parks as possible?

This could be fun!

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Re: Northwest USA -G Road Trip?

Post by Paul Drabek » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:55 am

Or for an alternate trip idea what about flying out to Denver and doing Lakeside, Elitch and then working our way to Salt Lake City for Lagoon? Being a bit closer to us and full of considerably more coasters this might be somewhere to start with flying off to as a group?

detigerfan
Kiddie Rider

Post by detigerfan » Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:57 am

I would be interested! Sounds like a fun little trip!

mikeau98
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by mikeau98 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:47 pm

Paul Drabek wrote:Or for an alternate trip idea what about flying out to Denver and doing Lakeside, Elitch and then working our way to Salt Lake City for Lagoon? Being a bit closer to us and full of considerably more coasters this might be somewhere to start with flying off to as a group?
You do realize it is almost 8 hours drive from Denver to Salt Lake City?

I'm planning to do the ACE conference at Lagoon but doubt any other parks will be included except for a couple cre-ho stops.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:08 pm

mikeau98 wrote:
Paul Drabek wrote:Or for an alternate trip idea what about flying out to Denver and doing Lakeside, Elitch and then working our way to Salt Lake City for Lagoon? Being a bit closer to us and full of considerably more coasters this might be somewhere to start with flying off to as a group?
You do realize it is almost 8 hours drive from Denver to Salt Lake City?

I'm planning to do the ACE conference at Lagoon but doubt any other parks will be included except for a couple cre-ho stops.
Hummmm...8 hours...although 8 hours locked in a van with you all in the Rocky Mountains might make for an interesting adventure.

mikeau98
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by mikeau98 » Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:54 am

Paul Drabek wrote:Hummmm...8 hours...although 8 hours locked in a van with you all in the Rocky Mountains might make for an interesting adventure.
Yes it would be interesting. Not sure everyone would make the trip back, especially if Todd is with us.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:40 pm

I think the idea would be to make it a one way drive flying out of SLC.

Gump
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Park Management, Hey I'll get it one way or another.

Post by Gump » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:19 pm

mikeau98 wrote:
Paul Drabek wrote:Hummmm...8 hours...although 8 hours locked in a van with you all in the Rocky Mountains might make for an interesting adventure.
Yes it would be interesting. Not sure everyone would make the trip back, especially if Todd is with us.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey now ! I'm glad checked the forum today!

Gump
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Park Management, Hey I'll get it one way or another.

Post by Gump » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:22 pm

It wouldn't be that bad. I think if we could meet somewhere and do the van pool thing or fly out together that would be a great time. Doing the trip in 2017 definitely gives planning time for flights and hotels ect.