Hershey-Dorney-Idlewild-Delgrossos-Lakemont-Kennywood Tips?

Questions about the parks you'd like to go to on vacation - What's nearby? Where will you eat? How are the rides? Get your answers here!

Moderator: illinois

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Hershey-Dorney-Idlewild-Delgrossos-Lakemont-Kennywood Tips?

Post by Paul Drabek » Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:29 pm

Hey all;

In a few weeks Bond, Johnny.Ink, Draven and I are heading out on the -G 2015 Road Trip. We are visiting a few parks I have been to a couple of times (Knoebels, Kennywood and Lakemont) and several parks I have never been to namely Hershey, Dorney, Delgrossos and Idlewild. My question is does anyone have any tips for these parks and any little things that we should not miss at all? I am getting really psyched for this trip as I have been wanting to get to several of these parks for ages. I'm going to add 29 coasters to my count and Bond will hit 300 which is not bad for a 15 year old.

Let me know if you have any suggestions from rides to food as I really want to take in all of these parks.

Have fun!

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

mikeau98
Hyper Coaster Rider

Re: Hershey-Dorney-Idlewild-Delgrossos-Lakemont-Kennywood Ti

Post by mikeau98 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:56 pm

Hershey - be sure to do the Chocolate World tour and see the singing cows. Also get a milkshake at Chocolate World.

Dorney - only been once and did a credit run, no idea

DelGrosso's - have some spaghetti

Idlewild - only one visit but loved it. Walk through Storybook Forest and ride the trolley.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:11 pm

mikeau98 wrote:Hershey - be sure to do the Chocolate World tour and see the singing cows. Also get a milkshake at Chocolate World.
Where are the singing cows? Ok on the Milkshake and yeah we had planned on doing the tour. I bet it smells wonderful but not as wonderful as a the football field sized room at work that is full of Toblerone, M&M's, Hershey's Chocolate and Nutella. I gain 5 pounds every time I have to go in there.
mikeau98 wrote:DelGrosso's - have some spaghetti
Nope...I hate Pasta but Bond will go nuts there.
mikeau98 wrote:Idlewild - only one visit but loved it. Walk through Storybook Forest and ride the trolley.
Ok can do. I am slightly bummed as the Trolley isn't Mr. Rodgers anymore but it will still be fun.

Thanks Mike.
Life is short....have fun!

mikeau98
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by mikeau98 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Paul Drabek wrote:Where are the singing cows?
You will see them during the Chocolate tour