WOF

Questions about the parks you'd like to go to on vacation - What's nearby? Where will you eat? How are the rides? Get your answers here!

Moderator: illinois

trainman_dave
Kiddie Rider

WOF

Post by trainman_dave » Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:45 am

Hello all,

I am in Kansas City for the next 3 weeks for job training and will likely be heading out to Worlds of Fun tomorrow. I have never been to this fun looking park, so any advice on my visit(which rides to do first, low capacity rides,etc.) would be very much appreciated! Also will be going at it alone, so if anyone is planning a trip on the same day and needs an extra riding partner, let me know!

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Re: WOF

Post by Paul Drabek » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:04 pm

Hey Trainman_Dave welcome to the forums. For low capacity rides Timberwolf and Spinning Dragons top the list for coasters. Also Cyclone Sam's is not the best capacity but should not be missed if you can take a wickedly spinning ride because it is so much fun. The Viking Voyager is a really fun Log Flume while the Fury of the Nile is a very long and really great rapids ride. Make sure to take the train for a spin and the best place to eat is the little sports bar on the far side of the plaza where you enter the park.

I wish I could join you but we have Daredevil Daze at SFSTL next weekend and then Bond has a ton of golf tournaments for his high school team.

Have fun there and please post a trip report as to how it goes.

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

trainman_dave
Kiddie Rider

Post by trainman_dave » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:35 pm

Thanks Paul, I have enjoyed reading your website for quite some time and finally decided to join in on the fun! Also was debating on making the trek over to SFSTL next weekend some time and using my SF pass there, as it would also be a new park for me, didn't realize there was an event going on then, any tips for that park are welcome too!

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:43 pm

Well if you head to SFSTL next Saturday there will be a herd of us roaming the park.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:44 pm

The best tip is to get there before the park opens and head straight up to The Eagle as soon as the park opens. You can get a good 5-8 laps without having to get off before most people make it up there.

trainman_dave
Kiddie Rider

Post by trainman_dave » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:49 pm

What are wait times typically like there on a Saturday? I'm sure you guys will have some ert, but I'll be having to stand in line like the rest of the GP that day! Lol. It would be fun to make some new friends at a new park, however!

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO

Post by Paul Drabek » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:17 pm

This Saturday is usually dead. I guess there is some Christian concert (why won't they get some bands from the 1980's that rock to play there) there so it might be a little more crowded but we should get plenty of rides during the non-ERT part of the day.