Cedar Point lodging

Questions about the parks you'd like to go to on vacation - What's nearby? Where will you eat? How are the rides? Get your answers here!

Moderator: illinois

CptBeeble
Ride Operator
Custom Title: My body isn't a temple, it's an amusement park.

Cedar Point lodging

Post by CptBeeble » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:15 pm

Moose and I are looking to go to Cedar Point in early June.
We looked at The Breakers and honestly, it looks seriously overpriced for what amounts to a Motel 6 kind of room.
We don't mind paying for a nice room, but that doesn't seem to be a nice room... very, very basic. The kind you'd get for $80/night a few miles outside the park.

Has anyone stayed at The Breakers before, and if so, is it nicer than it appears on the website? Are there distinct advantages to staying there, aside form the early entry and the ability to crash at the park mid-day if you want?

Are there other places to stay that have shuttle service to/from the park? The main appeal of the Breakers is that Moose can go back to the room and crash while I ride coasters all day. A hotel with a shuttle might provide that same possibility without the drastic up charge for being on property.

Basically, we're looking for a nice, clean place to stay within a half hour of the park - bonus if it's not the kind of place that will be overrun with kids.

Open to other options such as B&Bs and/or boutique hotels. Hoping to stay under $200/night

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Re: Cedar Point lodging

Post by Paul Drabek » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:49 pm

I think they are refurbishing parts of the breakers this year. Take a look and see...this might help with your decision.
Life is short....have fun!

Raptor29
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Brother of Millennium Force!

Post by Raptor29 » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:52 pm

I have never stayed at a Cedar Pint hotel before. My family uses Camper Village.
Always stay true to your heart.

If your heart is coasters, never stop riding!

bratman
Park Owner
Custom Title: Destroyer Of Rides

Post by bratman » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:28 pm

We stayed at Breakers last time in 2012 and loved it. Only downside - no breakfast.

CptBeeble
Ride Operator
Custom Title: My body isn't a temple, it's an amusement park.

Post by CptBeeble » Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:33 am

How was the quality? The pic online of the basic room looks terrible... well, terrible for the price they're asking. It looks like a basic Motel 6 room at Sheraton suite pricing.
I got no probs with Mo6 as long as I'm paying Mo6 rates.

bratman
Park Owner
Custom Title: Destroyer Of Rides

Post by bratman » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:38 am

Quality was better than a Motel 6. I would say its a 3-star hotel. Yes it is overpriced, but I enjoyed walking back to our room.