Cedar Point trip in October for Girlfriend

Questions about the parks you'd like to go to on vacation - What's nearby? Where will you eat? How are the rides? Get your answers here!

Moderator: illinois

johnny.ink
Ride Operator
Custom Title: Negative G Charity Coordinator & Engine Man

Cedar Point trip in October for Girlfriend

Post by johnny.ink » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:59 pm

hey all-

taking the girlfriend to cedar Point for our first trip together and the first park we'll have gone to for the first time together (I know, awww <3).

I am thinking drive from Chicago on Friday morning, chill Friday night at the hotel, and spend Saturday and Sunday at the park - one day with Fast Lane, and the next day chilling and doing haunts.

What I'm curious about is what hotel is close and nice, without breaking the bank? Also, can the hotels be gotten cheaper with priceline ect? It doesn't have to be necessarily one of the Point hotels.

Trying to make a budget now and make a nice long weekend and a good birthday for her.

I already have a Cedar fair Platinum pass, and apparently they don't start selling next years until after Labor Day, so if they do the deal where you buy during hallowWeekends, you can use it the rest of the season, then I'll but a season pass - if not, I'll get 2 discounted tickets.

Any help is appreciated.

johnny.ink
Ride Operator

Re: Cedar Point trip in October for Girlfriend

Post by johnny.ink » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:25 pm

Talking with Paul and he was telling me to stay at a hotel in Milan, OH which is only 15 - 20 minutes away from Cedar Point so I dont spend as much on hotel.

I know about priceline but what other sites do you use to get the best prices? I'm hoping to do about 50 a night since we will be staying for 3 nights.

Thanks in advance...

CptBeeble
Ride Operator
Custom Title: My body isn't a temple, it's an amusement park.

Post by CptBeeble » Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:48 am

If you have a CFPlatinum Pass already, why would you need to buy TWO discounted tickets?
Are you talking about one for Sat and one for Sun for her? Do they not have a single 2-day pass? Usually that's much cheaper than 2 one-day tickets.
Sorry I can't help with the lodging - the ex has relatives up there and the last time I went to CP we stayed with them.

As for hints for the park: don't go in at the main gate. Get your tickets, look at the park map, then walk around to the marina entrance. You'll be a LOT closer to MilForce from that entrance and there's never more than a handful of people there. Everyone runs to MF first, so you can get your ride on it (maybe two) then head to Maverick. With those out of the way, you can work your way back to the front gate while everyone else is going the opposite direction.

johnny.ink
Ride Operator

Post by johnny.ink » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:53 pm

Thanks TP. Appreciate the heads up. I have the platinum pass, and I'll probably be buying one for the gf now - they have added a deal where you can buy it, but they only give you 1 ticket for this season. I might upgrade mine at Cedar Point and get my free ticket, and then she'll get one as well for hers. I wonder if they'll let her in early since she'd technically have a platinum pass?