Brainstorming for next year

Questions about the parks you'd like to go to on vacation - What's nearby? Where will you eat? How are the rides? Get your answers here!

Moderator: illinois

backattack03
Kiddie Rider

Brainstorming for next year

Post by backattack03 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:52 pm

Long time reader of the site, which in part has been my inspiration for the last few years of trips. 2011 was 3 days at Cedar Point, which while was a great time, was probably overkill since we got everything done in a 1.5 days, so for the last 2 years we've done 2 days at Kings Island then 2 days at Cedar Point with a stop at Wright Patterson in Dayton for the Air Force Museum (my friend could easily spend an entire day just in there if I didn't pull him away)

I'm already trying to decide next year and the idea of going to Canada has always excited me so I was thinking a trip to Canada's Wonderland might be in order and gives me an excuse to go up through Niagara Falls and go to the Hockey Hall of Fame. I'm coming out of St. Louis, so my routing right now would be KI, Niagara Falls, Canada's Wonderland/HHOF, then come back through Detroit and hit Cedar Point on the way home. Google is telling me I'm looking at least 29 hours of driving just getting everywhere.

I just don't know if I'm going to have enough time, since this would all have to be done in probably no more then 7 days, and I'm at the disadvantage of some of the people in the group aren't huge fans of heading into the park after driving for hours on end or wanting to get more then one pass so that's why all of the Cedar Fair parks.

Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what I might do different if anything.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Re: Brainstorming for next year

Post by Paul Drabek » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:09 pm

If you're going to hit CP on the way home go back through Niagara Falls. Actually I'd hit it on the way out and then come back through Michigan. Near the Hockey Hall of Fame is a grocery store that is in the building where the Leafs used to play. They have a blue dot in one of the aisles where center ice used to be. Not super exciting but kind of cool for a hockey fan. Also pick up some Canadian Coke when you're there as it is made of sugar instead of corn syrup and the Canadian Oreo's rock.

Also Backattack03 welcome to the site. Make yourself at home posting about whatever you want and feel free to join us in our Sunday and Wednesday night chats.

Have fun!

Paul
Life is short....have fun!