Kentucky Kingdom in years to come

What's in planning, what's being built now, what's rumored.

Moderator: illinois

Gump
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Park Management, Hey I'll get it one way or another.

Kentucky Kingdom in years to come

Post by Gump » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:33 pm

Went to an event with Coaster Crew at Kentucky Kentucky Kingdom a few weeks back and have been meaning to post . I was able to see some great behind the scene things going on at the park. One the big things of interest was a rumored demise of the Enterprise. Now I'm not saying it's going to happen or that we were being fed a line for hype sake but it would make sense with age of the attraction and that it took a year to get thing running again. The next big thing mentioned was that the water park will eventually be surrounded again with rides in the near future as part of a master concept for the park. There are is also rumor that the original slide complex in the park that is surrounded by the lazy river will be exiting in the near future as it's becoming structually unsound. For those that visited recently to the park you may have noticed the very loud Storm Chaser and from what I understand the cause is nylon wheels versus polyurethane. The park is testing out some different wheel types as they are burning through them like lighting. I can tell you from riding the coaster from day one that polyurethane is way to go as it's faster, smoother and quieter. This is speculation but don't be surprised if we see a new coaster coming in a about 2- 3 years. It is looking as if the park will be a well rounded park in about 3 to 5 years if progress continues at this pace. Kentucky Kingdom may not have the land that Holiday World and Kings Island have but they have clear vision for future expansion plans and seem to be interested in redevelopment of existing attractions.

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Re: Kentucky Kingdom in years to come

Post by Vonni » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:21 pm

That all sounds great! I wouldn't be surprised if Enterprise is replaced with one of the new floorless models, like Catwoman's Whip at SFOT.

bratman
Park Owner
Custom Title: Destroyer Of Rides

Re: Kentucky Kingdom in years to come

Post by bratman » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:57 pm

During last Saturdays ACE event there, they said to expect a new coaster in 2018