Kentucky Kingdom 2015

What's in planning, what's being built now, what's rumored.

Moderator: illinois

Gump
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Park Management, Hey I'll get it one way or another.

Kentucky Kingdom 2015

Post by Gump » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:35 am

This is a tad late but here's look at the new rides for next year for 2015 at Kentucky Kingdom.

http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/n ... tml?page=3

The sky swing will be a nice add to park with more options to see the skyline . The pendulum ride looks freaking sweet and as an added bonus it swings a full 360. Not sure that it will make a huge difference in the ride experience but it should also take some crowds away from coasters. T3 will hopefully draw many to the back of the park and allow for Lighting Run wait times to be considerably lower. The down side to T3 opening up is possibly more foot traffic by Thunder Run and we all know how slow that ride can be with a tired staff working it. T3 looks will be nice to have at the back of park , but with new water park addition it is in a dead end of the park that has only allows for you to cut through the waterpark to get to the other side.

I'm rather pleased with the new additions, but I'm sick of hype! I really am tired of overplayed media stunts and would just like the truth. Hey Louisville, we bit off a little more than we could chew our first year , but we are opening 2 new rides and bringing back 3 favorites with some updates. So we get 5 new rides 2 of which should've opened this past season, but hey it's better than getting a boomerang I guess. What's your take on the new rides? Do you think it will bring more crowds or make it a better park?

Vonni
Hyper Coaster Rider

Re: Kentucky Kingdom 2015

Post by Vonni » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:09 am

What still doesn't quite make sense to me is why they decided to keep T2/T3 considering it's location in the park particularly in relation to the water park?

Gump
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Park Management, Hey I'll get it one way or another.

Post by Gump » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:35 pm

I know from the start it's been a point for the park to prove that the original rides they brought and added were with the investment. Mr. Hart wants to prove that SixFlags ran the park into the ground and didn't continue to add capital. I hope that more flats and continued landscaping will make the park more well rounded. It will never be Holiday World I fear but it may be a soon get back to being a rides park.

johnny.ink
Ride Operator
Custom Title: Negative G Charity Coordinator & Engine Man

Post by johnny.ink » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:34 pm

Those sound like a lot of fun Todd. The one sounds like MaxAir or Delerium but does a full loop - those are right up my alley. Plus with another roller coaster opening it sounds like the Byrne and Gump clan will need to get back together. I dunno about next year since the wedding, but definitely year after.