Carowinds gets Fury 325

What's in planning, what's being built now, what's rumored.

Moderator: illinois

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Carowinds gets Fury 325

Post by Paul Drabek » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Hey everyone;

It looks like Carowinds is going big in 2015 with Fury 325!

fury_layout_zoom.jpg
fury_layout_zoom.jpg (122.32 KiB) Viewed 4974 times
It looks to be a pretty sweet ride but the layout reminds me of Intimidator that will sit a short distance away from Fury 325.

One thing that I really love about some of the recent Cedar Fair B&M purchases is how they are incorporating the rides into the park entrances for a really fun, exciting and dramatic effect.

Oh well the more B&M's that cover the skylines of our parks the better. Now if we could get Cedar Fair to add one of these to Worlds of Fun I'd be ecstatic!
Life is short....have fun!

CptBeeble
Ride Operator
Custom Title: My body isn't a temple, it's an amusement park.

Re: Carowinds gets Fury 325

Post by CptBeeble » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:35 am

I'm not a big fan of large B&Ms. I don't DISlike them, I just don't find them to be all that compelling.

Europa's Silver Star (based on my most recent rides on it, which were nearly free of trims) would be my favorite, mostly because of the parking lot setting. Yeah, that sounds weird... but you go out into the parking lot in a long, narrow strip of grass - and people can park their cars practically under the coaster and you can wave at folks going into the park, it's pretty cool.
Nitro, Apollo, Diamondback - all good, but not something I'd wait in a long line for.

THIS, however, looks freakin' SWEET. I know people are bitching about the lack of airtime (and they haven't even ridden it yet) and all, but if you're familiar with the park and can see how HUGE this thing is, it's going to be hauling butt to get back to the station that quickly. I'm pretty excited about it.

coasterchitchat
Kiddie Rider

Post by coasterchitchat » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:37 pm

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:27 pm

I do like how Carowinds wrote a tribute to fellow enthusiast Max Cannon on the top piece.
Life is short....have fun!