2011 Park Additions

What's in planning, what's being built now, what's rumored.

Moderator: illinois

Beth
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Friends don't let friends pay parking!

Re: 2011 Park Additions

Post by Beth » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:55 pm

From what I can tell, it's in the no man's land beyond the Vortex exit. The only other thing back there is the entrance to the 3D theater. (I personally would rather see that torn down and back to greenspace, as shown in the Brady Bunch. But I digress.) If you look at the satellite photo from Google maps, there's a sizeable wooded zone they can work it into.

If nothing else, it will give a great view of the Beast as it runs through the woods.

bratman
Park Owner
Custom Title: Destroyer Of Rides

Post by bratman » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:04 pm

I guess they want to draw people to that area... make it "un dead" if you will. Last time I checked, the Action Theatre back there was quiet... this should liven things up that way.

Beth
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by Beth » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:15 am

Exactly. Was the action theater even running this summer?

mikeau98
Hyper Coaster Rider

Post by mikeau98 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:00 pm

So now we know what the CF parks are getting. What about SFoG? They posted an image clue on Facebook that looks like part of a flame.

In quick web search, found numerous rumors from Tony Hawk Spin, B&M floorless (doubt this but would be cool), a ride from KK.

Beth
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by Beth » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:37 pm

Went on a scouting expedition today, in between worshipping at the altars of B&M and John Allen.

Looks like there's about 100 feet between the structures of the Racer and Vortex. There's plenty of room to extend the midway a bit, and preserve some trees. Nothing has been cleared yet, at least to the casual observer.

The space will accommodate a new swarm of people okay, except there's no food nearby except for the 50's diner and drink machines by the restrooms. If they're going to have throngs of people trekking back there, they better come up with some food options. Even a popcorn/pretzel stand would work. But I can see it ending up like Thanksgiving or Thunderhead- a fresh new zone without all the necessary facilities the first season.

Gump
Wood Coaster Rider
Custom Title: Park Management, Hey I'll get it one way or another.

Post by Gump » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:40 pm

mikeau98 wrote:So now we know what the CF parks are getting. What about SFoG? They posted an image clue on Facebook that looks like part of a flame.

In quick web search, found numerous rumors from Tony Hawk Spin, B&M floorless (doubt this but would be cool), a ride from KK.
I had heard the old wild mouse from KK might be coming to SFOG which would be nice. The RR Express was the only other ride besides Chang that was taken by SF as far as I know.
Beth wrote:Went on a scouting expedition today, in between worshipping at the altars of B&M and John Allen.

Looks like there's about 100 feet between the structures of the Racer and Vortex. There's plenty of room to extend the midway a bit, and preserve some trees. Nothing has been cleared yet, at least to the casual observer.

The space will accommodate a new swarm of people okay, except there's no food nearby except for the 50's diner and drink machines by the restrooms. If they're going to have throngs of people trekking back there, they better come up with some food options. Even a popcorn/pretzel stand would work. But I can see it ending up like Thanksgiving or Thunderhead- a fresh new zone without all the necessary facilities the first season.
Cool, it just seemed kinda weird to me to place it there and not in the old Flight Commander area, but I guess the view would be better back there. Kinda interested to see how this ride turns out. Not a big fan of height rides like that, but curious to see how freely swinging at 300 feet will feel.

dare-to-fly
Park Management
Custom Title: Biggest fan ever of violakat03

Post by dare-to-fly » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:17 pm

The only thing that I don't like about it is that it exposes The Beast somewhat. I kind of object, but I'm sure it will be fine.

By the way, Gump, there is no "s" in The Racer. Sorry...a little sensitive about that.

Gump
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by Gump » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:20 pm

dare-to-fly wrote:The only thing that I don't like about it is that it exposes The Beast somewhat. I kind of object, but I'm sure it will be fine.

By the way, Gump, there is no "s" in The Racer. Sorry...a little sensitive about that.
:lol: You know you got a point there. I don't remember a ride called the Racers. :lol: Thanks for catching that typo! :oops: :P

CoasterJedi
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by CoasterJedi » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:54 pm

I am excited to hear what the new addition for Six Flags Great America will be. Any theories? I hope SFSTL will get something, but not going to hold my breathe.

CoasterJedi
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by CoasterJedi » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:36 pm

Supposedly the photo with the puzzle peices on SF Great America has been hacked but I cant find the hacked photo anywere. Anybody know where it is?

Gump
Wood Coaster Rider

Post by Gump » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:35 pm

CoasterJedi wrote:I am excited to hear what the new addition for Six Flags Great America will be. Any theories? I hope SFSTL will get something, but not going to hold my breathe.
I'm wondering if Six Flags will even actually add rides this year with all the switching of management and changes in direction for the company. I'm being sarcastic of course :D ! Seems like I heard that the plan now is to lean towards a water ride for the wet side of the park. Who knows might be a water coaster, or bowl slide, or water tree house, or something like that. I'm not thinking this is the year for ground breaking rides at Six Flags parks. Now that you metion it haven't heard much about what SFSL might add to the line up.

PKIDelirium
Ride Operator

Post by PKIDelirium » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:51 pm

It's going in the Flight Commander location, not behind the Vortex exit.

scoobywoof83
Over 48"
Custom Title: The Coolest Gay Guy You'll Ever Meet!

Post by scoobywoof83 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:35 pm

does anybody know if Hershey has plans to add anything in the near future? Or Six Flags America? they havent added anything since batwing, and that was at least six years ago, it's been that long since Ive been there... that park is sad to be honest.
My sad coaster count. 42 (28 Steel , 14 Wood)
http://www.coastercounter.com/scoobywoof83

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php? ... 0101049834
Feel free to send a request, just post Negative G in the request so I know its not spam lol.

Paul Drabek
Park Chain CEO
Custom Title: Chief Coaster Nut!

Post by Paul Drabek » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:35 pm

Word is Hershey is going through zoning procedures for a big attraction for 2012. For SFA I have no idea.

Have Fun

Paul
Life is short....have fun!

dare-to-fly
Park Management
Custom Title: Biggest fan ever of violakat03

Post by dare-to-fly » Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:13 pm

Six Flags America is one of the parks in the chain that's smaller, and therefore not a focus of the big wigs. I'm happy that they've done as much track work as they have on Wild One and that Superman (my current #1 steel) was re-painted this year. That's probably about as much attention as the park will get for a while unfortunately. I love the park, but it's definitely not a focus of the chain.